Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131727 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Killed a dragon near Mistwatch & for some reason didn't get it's soul?
    This happened to me once, too...Or maybe I did get its soul, but it was still a dragon corpse and not a dragon skeleton...I don't really remember, I've got a surplus of dragon souls anyway. How can you have a surplus of dragon souls?
    Last edited by Necronopticous; 11-23-2011 at 12:04 AM.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I havent played since last wednesday when I got the third to last trophy
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Killed a dragon near Mistwatch & for some reason didn't get it's soul?
    This happened to me once, too...Or maybe I did get its soul, but it was still a dragon corpse and not a dragon skeleton...I don't really remember, I've got a surplus of dragon souls anyway. How can you have a surplus of dragon souls?
    I googled my problem & a number of website said some of the dragons respawn & if you killed them already you don't get another soul. I've killed 3 dragons (2 of them Blood Dragons, a bit nastier than the average but fairly killable at level 20 plus) since & got souls for each of these & the dragon near Mistwatch respawned in that area again so they're probably right.

I killed my first Giant, they still cause me a tonne of damage but I kept using Unrelenting Force with all 3 words to knock it to the floor then stabbed the crap out of it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    If you want to make bank, enchant your tit with Banish.
    Just got the Banish effect, and hell yeah! I thought Paralyze would be the most expensive enchantment, but the Banish effect is almost twice that. =O

I really need to get back to the main quest now. I'm level 34, has full Daedric and the black Azura's Star. Yet, I'm like... right after the second story dragon in the main quest. Too much sandboxing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    If you want to make bank, enchant your tit with Banish.
    Just got the Banish effect, and hell yeah! I thought Paralyze would be the most expensive enchantment, but the Banish effect is almost twice that. =O

I really need to get back to the main quest now. I'm level 34, has full Daedric and the black Azura's Star. Yet, I'm like... right after the second story dragon in the main quest. Too much sandboxing.
    I tried to get the black Azura's Star and got obliterated in less than a minute. xD I don't have any Daedric stuff, but I have dragon armour and orcish weapons. Haven't come across Banish stuff yet, I don't think, although what I really want is the Wabberjack or whatever. Turning enemies into sweet rolls? Yes please. Still haven't bothered enchanting anything yet, although I've disenchanted loads. I've been working on my pickpocket which is a bit of a bitch skill to level up, especially at the beginning, and especially if you don't want to get caught, ever. Lots of saving and loading. I'm at around 40 now, I think, but really want to get it to 100. Sneak, on the flipside, is the easiest thing to level in the game. Go into a guard tower at night and sneak around sleeping guards, get another Sneak level every 20 seconds or so. Crazy.

As for the dragons, I came across an odd situation yesterday... a dragon. Dead. On the ground. I didn't kill it, nobody was around, but it was lying there dead. Couldn't get it's soul, but yeah, weird. I'm guessing some roving NPC(s) killed it somehow, but it's strange that it can happen when you're not there. But kinda cool, I guess.

If you're looking for Dwarven stuff and have a decent enough skill level, head to Markarth and start the quests there. There's some old Dwarven city there that has more than enough Dwarven metal to get you up 20 or so levels... and I've only done quarter of the journal-retrieval-quest related to that area, so I can only imagine there's buttloads more!

I think I've unlocked about 12-14 different shouts now, and am Arch-Mage and leader of the Companions. Thinking I'll work on the main story for a bit before continuing with the Thieves Guild and maybe the Bard College. Saving Dark Brotherhood for last, as always.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I tried to get the black Azura's Star and got obliterated in less than a minute. xD I don't have any Daedric stuff, but I have dragon armour and orcish weapons. Haven't come across Banish stuff yet, I don't think, although what I really want is the Wabberjack or whatever. Turning enemies into sweet rolls? Yes please. Still haven't bothered enchanting anything yet, although I've disenchanted loads. I've been working on my pickpocket which is a bit of a bitch skill to level up, especially at the beginning, and especially if you don't want to get caught, ever. Lots of saving and loading. I'm at around 40 now, I think, but really want to get it to 100. Sneak, on the flipside, is the easiest thing to level in the game. Go into a guard tower at night and sneak around sleeping guards, get another Sneak level every 20 seconds or so. Crazy.
    Yeah, that guy you fight inside the star is the toughest mage I've faced so far. Luckily, I had a wand of paralyze which paralyzes for 10 seconds, which I could use to lock down those annoying daedras for a while. And lots of healing potions were used. Playing on Expert, and having no natural magic or fire resistance, I'd die to two or three of their fireballs. And that was a real pain, since all 3 of those daedras seemed to love their fireballs. Not to mention the actual boss-guy, who was even tougher.

It was totally worth getting the black star though, since it can steal any kind of soul ( save for dragon souls, obviously ). And all human souls are Grand souls, even those of the weakest bandits. Since I now have 100 in enchanting, I also created a daedric sword with a powerful "absorb health" effect, as well as "soul trap for 1 second". With both the soul trap and the black star, it might as well have been like the sword had an infinite amount of charge. I get the soul from anything I kill, and can recharge the blade with it. =D

...not to mention it makes me feel like Nightmare from Soul Calibur. I walk around in a black badass armour, and whenever I kill something with my two-handed life-stealing blade, I get that "Soul Captured" comment. =D

And yes, pickpocketing is a pain. You basically have to steal lots of totally useless things that have high success rate, just to get the levels up. I personally gave up entierly on pickpocketing. Well, I do it from time to time maybe, but I don't put any focus on it.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 11-23-2011 at 06:19 PM.

So, level 40 and in full Dragon Scale, I'm fought an Elder Dragon who could barely damage me. I fought a giant who could barely damage me. I fight a random, no name archerer on a log being used as a bridge to cross a river, and he nearly kills me....

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    So, level 40 and in full Dragon Scale, I'm fought an Elder Dragon who could barely damage me. I fought a giant who could barely damage me. I fight a random, no name archerer on a log being used as a bridge to cross a river, and he nearly kills me....
    i remeber that place, I just shouted him off the bridge. wheeeeee!

I thought about it, but I killed that smurfer fairly on principle.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Yeah this is something that annoys me about Skyrim! You'll fight dragons, powerful mages, Giants who will give you one hell of a fight & when you win it's awesome. Then along come a group of 5 or 6 bandits you kill all bar 1 who walks up & kills you in one hit!?!? This didn't bother me until I got to level 20, now it's just total BS!?!?

One instance of this happened when I had to kill an Argonian bandit who double crosses you as part of a quest, he was easy but this one guy, Captain something or other, was overwhelmingly strong compared to the other bandits. After about 4 or 5 attempts I got angry at it, kept shouting his a$$ into the water & throwing lighting bolts at him. Mind you given that this & the games random buginess are the only 2 things that bother me shows just how awesome this game is

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I killed that guy on the log pretty quickly. Mostly because I met him early in the game and a lot of enemies you meet in the game are leveled to give you a tough fight. =] I have, however, suddenly been attacked by a mage called 'Challenger' who killed me swiftly. I should really invest in enchantments... I relied on them so much in Oblivion and I just always get sidetracked by other things in Skyrim. xD

I've found out that it's only possible to unlock around 80 of the 250 skill perks on any one character. I consider this a really tit game design decision, personally. I love collecting these perks and I can't remove them or anything, so I'm stuck with old decisions which - upon finding out about this - I am regretting now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Has anyone else run into the draugr death overlord? bitch took 50 hits and didnt lose a pixel of health.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Only the Drauger Deathlords. Not Draugr Death Overlords... I don't think so, anyway. Sounds like the next level up. My recent "Crap, that was bloody tough" fight was against the boss within the Red Eagle sword quest. The one after you fight the sword and put it into the stone. There was also the boss in Labyrinthiam or whatever, he was a bitch, but not as much as the other guy. The Labyrinthiam guy was just a lot of hiding and regenerating of shouts/mana, while the other guy was a case of attack like nuts, Ice Form him, run, recouperate, return and repeat. I really don't like using potions for some reason, which I actually have buttloads of (because I don't use them), but yeah, still fun to figure out tactics for such fights even if they involve running. When facing tough opponents, I really like that different types of enemies require different tactics, particularly in the case of Shouts. I've used Fire/Frost Breath for damage, Ice Form for emergency getaways, Whirlwind Spirit for when I've been slowed/burdened somehow, and I'm sure I'll use Slow Time, Become Ethereal and others when I find a useful time for them. I look forward to getting the ability to call a dragon and throw my voice... these kind of things sound like they could come up with some good results. Tried Animal Allegiance but there are never enough animals around when you're fighting for it to be genuinely useful... but really want to try it out on a giant surrounded by mammoths. >=]

Articles
    Blog Entries

nope here is the order
    draugr
    restless
    wight
    overlord
    deathlord
    scourge
    ???????
    draugr preist
    ????
    ?????
    ?????
    death overlord

there is only one, i came across it at level 23, I even tried dropping the difficulty to novice, and I couldnt even hurt it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wow. I'm amazed you could even get to it if that's the case!

Also, if that's the order, it seems wrong. Scourges are a piece of cake, but Deathlords are tricky. Haven't faced a priest yet. Don't think I've faced an Overlord either.