Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    All this talk of cats - I have not seen a single Khajit since I started. Someone please tell me where I can find one. I have been told there's a gang of them outside Whiterun and a band of them roving around trading, but I have not seen either.
    I ran into a band of them earlier but now I can't remember where.

Being a cat makes things funny. So far I have: had people tell me to my face that no one trusts Khajit, and also (ever since doing the werewolf thing) had people ask if there is fur growing out of my ears. Um, as a matter of fact... yes.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All this talk of cats - I have not seen a single Khajit since I started. Someone please tell me where I can find one. I have been told there's a gang of them outside Whiterun and a band of them roving around trading, but I have not seen either.
    Yeah there's a couple of roaming caravans of them. One goes between Riften and Winterhold Windhelm, the other between Whiterun and, IIRC, Dawnstar. Other than that there's a real shortage of cat people in Skyrim
    Last edited by Madame Adequate; 12-28-2011 at 05:44 AM.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

:monster:

You'll find them outside the main gates of all the major capitals (Whiterun, Windhelm, Solitude, etc.). They have little camps set up on the paths leading away from the cities, so just keep an eye out. The ones at Solitude always seem to be there (coming out of the city, they're on your left past the first arch). The Whiterun crew is sometimes not there at all. I actually ran into them today as they were "arriving" at the Whiterun gate. I watched them chat with each other for a bit but I don't think they'll actually start putting up their tents or anything.

And yeah like MILF says, you can also run into them while traveling the roads between the major capitals. I bet if you memorized the names of the members in each group you could trace out a path of some kind too (no doubt someone already has done this).

I can't say for absolutely certain, but I'm 95% sure that they don't make appearances at the smaller capitals (minus Dawnstar, where I run into them frequently). I've never seen them at Winterhold or Morthal. I doubt they ever appear at the hamlet towns like Riverwood or Shor's Stone.

Hope this helps. Warm sands.
    Last edited by Flying Arrow; 12-28-2011 at 05:46 AM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Thank you for your kind tips. I have done all that you have said but still have not encountered Khajiit. I thought I heard one but I think it was a guard clearing his throat. Don't worry about me folks, I'll persevere! I will not be defeated in my quest to see a Khajiiit. I don't actually know what I'll do when I actually meet one. Probably punch it in the face for putting me to all this trouble.

edit: AND RIGHT AS I POST THAT, GUESS WHAT I JUST SAW!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Could have sworn there was one of them suckers in the bar in Solitude and another in the bar in Winterhelm. And was there one in the thieves guild? It would be weird without having one in the thieves guild... but then, I can't remember seeing one there at all. x_x
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

theives guild is all humans. there is one in the brotherhood, and 1/3 of all assassins you encounter in the wild are kajiit
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles

Trolls are utter perverts. I was scoping out a bandit tower, ready to make the world's most unbelievable sneak arrow shot, when I hear some really heavy breathing. I slowly turn around. On a ledge above me, is a troll, staring at me, grunting. I think it was jerking it.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Screenshot or it didn't happen.
    Figaro Castle

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Almost every companion is a dick. When you ask them to hold your stuff, they're all "the smurf should I hold this for?". Yeah? Well smurf you guys, there's a new cat in town, and his name is Khajiit. My Khajiit friend never complained. "I will shoulder some of your burden" he'd say, happily. All I had to do was get him his Moon Amulet, et voila, we're best buds. Oh, we went everywhere, that Khajiit of some name and I. However, tragedy struck as we fought against a teleporting Gaulderson! I was waiting back, firing arrows and magic, while my best buddy distracted them with the old "sword to the face" trick; "Khajiit, you magnificent bastard!" I cried, as Dashwoodian as I could manage. The Gaulderson spectre is on the ground, weakened. It looks at me: time freezes, my hand blazes. I loose the Firebolt straight at him. An explosion blinds me!

When my eyes finally refocus, I see a horrible purple and black shadow slowing fading and reappearing threefold all over the dungeon. I don't understand! I saw the explosion connect! I look around to try to figure out what happened, and it is then that I discover the horror that I have unwittingly committed. My Khajiit, bloodied and broken, his warriors face locked in rage. I look away quickly, vanquish that foe that vanquished my friend, loot everything and flee, my thoughts focused on one haunting question...

Was he angry at me, or at the spirit that manipulated us? I will never find out. I will never be able to apologise.

I spend the next few days tracking his old crew: the merchants he was once guarding from dragons. I find them outside Dawnstar. They look at me as if to say "we understand". I speak to them, try to bring up the topic and beg for forgiveness, but they are obviously shocked as they simply repeat the same sentence over and over. Where words cannot communicate, actions must suffice. I take the Moon Amulet, my old friend's most treasured possession, his last memento of his former home, from my pocket and stare at it as if trying to will him back into existence through the amulet's sapphire eye. Hoping that it will one day find his mother, I hand it to the merchant he once protected.

She will not find it till the morning. But I hope that when she sees it, in as pristine condition as the day it was made, she will know that there are some in these barren lands who do not loathe or stigmatise the Khajiiti, that not all High Elves are oppressive wankers. She will know that her old friend died doing what he lov- oh smurf! She caught me pickpocketing! Fortunately, her ex-guard is an ex-Khajiit, and there is nobody around to witness my almighty nighttime smiting.

Rest in peace, old friends. You are together now. And I have a nifty little amulet!
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 12-29-2011 at 01:09 AM.

^ An epic tale Stiltzquin, well told.
    Last edited by Vincent, Thunder God; 12-29-2011 at 01:54 AM.

I really love this game. I don't even know how many hours I have in playing it. XD Some of the glitches in this game are very amusing and the things you can do to the npc's are just too brilliant. Hints this picture for those of you who haven't stumbled across it yet.

We spent 2 hours trying to get the house carl in whiterun to leave my freaking room and when she wouldn't my boyfriend ended up killing her and tossing her body in her room. haha

Oh... has anyone tried getting married in this game yet??

My sig and avy are made by me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I am level 13 now.

And I feel good about myself for hiking it all the way up to High Hrothgar. That was a pretty cool trek.

I am now on a hunt for bears because some chick wants me to bring her ten (I think? Or eight? Something) bear pelts. Of course the moment you get a quest for them, they all go into hiding.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So how often do you get hired thugs after you for stealing people's trout? I had to kill three mercs after doing the Golden Claw quest for stealing from Faendal. Or whatever his name is

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I am now on a hunt for bears because some chick wants me to bring her ten (I think? Or eight? Something) bear pelts. Of course the moment you get a quest for them, they all go into hiding.
    I think I have a huge stash of bear pelts tucked away. Every time I see a bear I have to skin it, or a pelt lying around in someone's house I have to steal it, but I can't bear () the weight. So I end up dumping them back home whenever I go back there. I should really finish that sidequest.

Also I've had thugs jump me just the once, and that was while I was still in Riverwood the first time. I inadvertently discovered a witch's cabin after I left Helgen, and she did not like me finding her secret. Her sister sent thugs after me for stealing from her, rather than murdering her which you would've thought would irk her more. I also had a Dark Brotherhood assassin after me, but I don't know who wanted me dead. I'm one of them now anyway, so it's not a problem for me anymore!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

I've only been jumped once for stealing as well, by the owner of the inn in Solitude. It pissed me off because I didn't actually get caught stealing, I was just walking around and saw one of those business ledgers you can forge numbers in so I just pressed it to see what the point was, and then someone called me out and I got arrested. I paid my bounty off and everything so I thought I was cool, went out and did a big dungeon, fast travelled back to Solitude and got immediately jumped by three assholes. When I found out it was the owner of the inn who ordered the beating, I went straight back there, hired a room, followed him up to my room, closed the door behind us and caved his skull in with my warhammer. That learned the prick.