Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Once More Unto The Breach: A (Possibly) Unique Position To Be In

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I don't understand why you guys insist on getting every single item and max ot every materia on your first runs through. You might have some sort of obsessibe compulsive disorder.

The last boss gets more boring the stronger you are, so if you want a boring instead of an epic last boss, sure, go ahead. At your current rate, you'll probably kill each of the last boss stages in 2-3 attack rounds. Doesn't that sound super exciting?
    Actually I have a question about this:

I recently read that the final boss's stats get a boost if you go into the fight with your characters at level 99 (I can't remember if it's your main three or the entire party). Can someone confirm if this is this true?

Articles
    Blog Entries

For every one of your 8 characters you've leveled up to 99 (Aerith doesn't count) Sephiroth gets stat boosts. Seraph/Sepher Sephiroth also gets an 80000 HP bonus if you used KotR against Jenova Synthesis.

Edit: Found this:

(SPOILER)
    Safer*Sephiroth's stats change depending on various factors:
    +30,000 Max HP, 2 Att, 20 Def, 5 MAt, 16 MDf per character at L99

Bizarro (main fight, 3 partys):
    Main Body's Max HP = 40000 + 5000 * No. of Characters at L99
    + 60000 if Knights of Round was used on Jenova*SYNTHESIS
    Head's Max HP = 2000 + 250 * No. of Characters at L99
    Core's Max HP = 16000 + 2000 * No. of Characters at L99
    Right Mgc's Max HP = 8000 + 1000 * No. of Characters at L99
    Left Mgc's Max HP = 8000 + 1000 * No. of Characters at L99

(copied straight out of gamefaqs' Enemy Mechanics guide)
    Last edited by Karifean; 11-23-2011 at 10:10 PM.

If you have your characters at level 99, despite the stat boosts he gets, it's still way too easy.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yeah, 8 characters at lv99 adds 40k HP. That's two attacks with double cut. One attack with 4x cut.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Haha OP I was just joking about the therapy...

I'm glad someone is... hehe... *twitch* hehe... heh... Iiiirrrrrk! Dung beetle in blue, beetle in blue... no, red. RED! The beetle dung is in red... hehe... dung beetle red... hello, hello, foxtrot delta beetle!

Ahem. Seriously though, your point was totally on the ball. I'm not stuck on this game (I have happily left it for years at a time, unfinished and discarded), I just find myself revisiting it every few years in little pockets of playtime. Might as well finish up. After all, I have other FF games I would like to explore.

And definitely play FFIX. It's real fun. I like X and XII a lot too, they're all incredible games IMO.

I am certainly enjoying FFIX at the moment. Just playing a bit each night. I also bought X and XII. I figured I might as well buy the actual games because they cost less (second hand) than the game guides cost - and I only bought them on a whim for casual perusal purposes. I've had a little initial tussle with both X and XII. Obviously too early to judge, and I don't want to start waxing on about those games in this sub forum, but... by the gods, I so want to press my very real and corporeal hands into the screen, and wrap them around Tidus' scrawny virtual kneck. My first experience with a FF game and voice acting, and I am in total kung-funking agony!

...and about FFIII being the last game to be localized...

Thank you for setting me straight on that. For a while I thought there were alternate titles for earlier games with extra bosses etc... like the recent western/international releases. A little confusing for skunk brain like me.

-----

It's interesting to learn that Sephi' alters stats based on player character levels. My understanding is that this is a big part of FFVIII, but I had no idea it was also a part of VII - however small. My questio is, how small? I mean, what other factors throughout the game are possibly governed in this way? The only one I am prone to say I am sure about is the general starting level of new characters when first encountered. They seem to be based off some average of Clouds current level? Maybe other factors such as game time etc... are part of the math.

Makes me wonder what other factors are at work behind the sheen. My question is, how do people arrive at these findings? Is it formulative cross-referencing? Poking around in game code? I mean, I'm not the most savy and/or wide eyed goo-goo-giggly FF fan, but as far as my peripheral glands are concerned, they have yet to stumble upon hard stat readouts of that nature in those stiff smelling game guides, or general staff interviews etc...

The Sephi' stat bumps mentioned above are a nice thing to stumble upon, but having just read the comments it did jog my memory a little about half remembered indepth discussion in various FF games that I read on these forums regarding more finely measured game mechanics. I cannot for a minute imagine collectives of people playing that intently and swapping data to arrive at such solutions beyond the overtly recogisable, like Sephi'. Where do the rest of the aggregates and proposed formula come from? Stat-wanking must surely only get one so far!

Anyway, just a quick upnote: I'm up for a boss/game beat session tomorrow, and will try to post my honest thoughts regarding the ol' grand finale. It's a bit late for an original view (over a decade too late, haha) but maybe my general nonchalant advance will yield an objective slant non the less. Although I will say in advance, if Aerith shows up, I'll start punching my pets in the face!
    Last edited by >_<; 11-26-2011 at 11:52 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Sephi' stat bumps mentioned above are a nice thing to stumble upon, but having just read the comments it did jog my memory a little about half remembered indepth discussion in various FF games that I read on these forums regarding more finely measured game mechanics. I cannot for a minute imagine collectives of people playing that intently and swapping data to arrive at such solutions beyond the overtly recogisable, like Sephi'. Where do the rest of the aggregates and proposed formula come from? Stat-wanking must surely only get one so far!
    I guess they're mentioned in the strategy guide, like the Zodiac Spear. But even if it wouldn't be - people would've found out. If you check out Qhimm you'll find all kinds of mods for this game. People have coded new enemy encounters and I can only assume that for someone who knows how the game's code works this well, it's easy to figure out how Sephiroth's stat boosts work.