Thread: Final Fantasy IX soundtrack vs Chrono Cross???

Default Final Fantasy IX soundtrack vs Chrono Cross???

which two do you think is better? I put HUGE importance on soundtracks and both are basically tied for my favorite

i think CC is more top heavy (times scar, dreamwatch of time, frozen time, dreams shore another world, plains of time,those imprisoned by destiny, etc)

but in think overall FFIX is the best.. i cant think of a bad track in the game tbh and there are a lot of standout themes as well (zidane theme, you're not alone, steiners theme, dark messenger, devils ambition, beatrixs theme, jesters of the moon, etc)

which do you prefer?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

In terms of enjoyment I will go with CC no contest. I have both OSTs on my comp and I often enjoy listening to the CC OST when I am doing something, but I never really ever find myself listening to the FF9 OST.

That said it is more personal preference in music, the FF9 soundtrack fit's its game beautifully.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Blog Entries

I remember not liking the main battle theme in CC but overall the soundtrack wasnt memorable to me aside from the opening and the song nikki plays on guitar. FFIX however I can remember most of the songs and listen to the soundtrack at times so it's gotta be IX for me.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Both soundtracks are great and I can't really choose between them. Along with FFVI and Chrono Trigger, they're probably my favourite game soundtracks ever (if forced to choose one as my favourite, I'd probably go with FFVI, but it would be a tough call).
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Both are fantastic. I have fallen in love with Chrono Cross' soundtrack many times over with tracks such as Dreams of the Shore in Another World, Time's Scar, Dead Sea, Burning Orphanage and The Dream that Time Envisions. With Final Fantasy IX there's many tracks that reek of major nostalgia to me, such as Feel My Blade, Ice Caverns, A Face Unforgotten, The Evil Mist's Rebirth, Evil Messenger and Melodies of Life.

Both fit their respective worlds and environments extremely well. However, I'm more inclined to listen to Chrono Cross' soundtrack outside of playing the game when compared to Final Fantasy IX.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."