Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is that Balthier in Skyrim? (voice acting thread)

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Default Is that Balthier in Skyrim? (voice acting thread)

I don't know a whole lot about voice acting or the who's-who of it all, so bear with me.

Playing through Skyrim these days and I could swear that one of the generic Imperial voices in none other than Balthier's. It took me a bit of time to pinpoint it, but when I did I checked the Wiki to make sure and:

Gideon Emery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep.

So, since FFXII was with few exceptions a wonderfully voiced game, what other games have you been pleasantly surprised to suddenly hear a XII actor?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Since pretty much every game in recent history features Nolan North, voice actor of Vossler...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Default Neat-o? Whoah slow down there child of the 50s

Hey neat-o! I loved Balthier's voice, looking forward to hearing him in Skyrim!

That guy has a nice portfolio there.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Since pretty much every game in recent history features Nolan North, voice actor of Vossler...
    Doesn't North voice Nathan Drake? Or am I mistaken?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    Indeed, he's most famous for that role, and it's certainly the one I would say he defined the role as much as it defined him. He's in a lot of other things, too. And I do mean a lot of other things.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Indeed, he's most famous for that role, and it's certainly the one I would say he defined the role as much as it defined him. He's in a lot of other things, too. And I do mean a lot of other things.
    I thought so! I agree, it was a good role for him. Holy tit, just looked at your link and he voices Desmond from Assassin's Creed and the Penguin in Arkham Asylum! That resume is full of famous and well-made games, that's really commendable. He seems really popular in the voice acting industry!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The dude is some kind of voice master. A lot of those characters don't sound anything alike. I had no clue has Penguin until I heard it on the net. His female counterpart is Tara Strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    The dude is some kind of voice master. A lot of those characters don't sound anything alike. I had no clue has Penguin until I heard it on the net. His female counterpart is Tara Strong.
    Indeed, he's a top-tier voice actor. But who is Tara Strong?

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

My favourite Nolan North role has got to be Stephen Heck from Alpha Protocol. Hilarious and great.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I had no idea Balthier's VA Gideon Emery was the protagonist in Vanquish, I always thought it was Steven Blum. Didn't know Vossler was Nolan North, I guess that was pretty early for him. But like everyone else in XII, I feel like he really rocked it. I actually like the voice acting in XII across the board, can't pick out anyone I didn't like (yes, even Vaan and Penelo).

I really liked Ashe's voice and I enjoyed her as the narrator for Valkyria Chronicles. I know it's not FFXII, but I really liked Lightning's actor as one of the primary antagonists of Valkyria Chronicles II, it was a really great role for her.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I want his voice.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Balthier's voice is like a wet dream in aural form. I will henceforth hunt these Imperials down and stalk them for the rest of eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quite. Even though her voices all sound similar there's something about each of them that sets them apart as different people.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Indeed, he's a top-tier voice actor. But who is Tara Strong?
    Tara Strong is a popular voice actor for portraying young female protagonists. She was the voice of Rikku in Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2, but she has voiced dozens of characters in Western animated series. One of her most recent roles is Twilight Sparkle in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
    I believe in the power of humanity.