Thread: VTG's HTD Drawing

Default VTG's HTD Drawing

I spent about an hour sketching this Howard the Duck drawing from some reference material, though it ended up much different than the original picture (which was the cover of the Essential Howard the Duck).

I'm really rather happy with it because usually I suck at drawing. Enjoy and I would love to hear your comments!

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post
    I spent about an hour sketching this Howard the Duck drawing from some reference material, though it ended up much different than the original picture (which was the cover of the Essential Howard the Duck).

I'm really rather happy with it because usually I suck at drawing. Enjoy and I would love to hear your comments!
    I can't see past the left side of his bill, it looks broken. There's a lot going on in the bill/tie/neck area so it's confusing. Try changing up the thickness of some of your lines to show, for instance, that his bill is closer to us than his body.

Why howard the duck, though? lol just curious

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God View Post

I can't see past the left side of his bill, it looks broken. There's a lot going on in the bill/tie/neck area so it's confusing. Try changing up the thickness of some of your lines to show, for instance, that his bill is closer to us than his body.

Why howard the duck, though? lol just curious
    Thanks for the critique, as I've said I'm generally a terrible draftsman so I don't fully understand things like perspective and trout. And yeah, the bill/neck/tie is confusing because the original picture was really complex in that area, and I don't know how well it translated into my drawing. I'll have to try thickening lines more to show better perspective.

Howard the Duck is my favourite comic book character. I've heard the film is awful but the original comics are among the best that comics have to offer. Check them out, both the original series and Marvel Max issues are awesome.