Thread: Freaks and Gleeks

Default Freaks and Gleeks

So are there any other fans of Glee on here? I've got to say I love this show - the characters, humor and music are all really entertaining. My favourite character is Kurt - Chris Colfer is a great actor and vocalist.

Anyone have any songs they'd like performed? I've got a few. Click the titles to hear them.

Rory
    (new Irish character) - Never Gonna Give you Up by Rick Astley: This would be a really good joke song because Rory looks a lot like Rick Astley from the Rick Roll meme

Santana - All the Young Girls Love Alice by Elton John: Santana could sing this to Brittany because it would really suit their romance

Kurt
    - Back in the NYC by Genesis For some reason despite the original vocals by Peter Gabriel being much deeper I think Chris' high voice would really nail this song.
    Last edited by Vincent, Thunder God; 11-22-2011 at 12:45 AM.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

For a second I thought this was a thread on Freaks and Geeks
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    And now we leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    And now we leave.
    Well sorry to disappoint you guys. :P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked this show when it first started, but was burnt out by the end of the first season. It's the fastest I've ever gotten sick of a show.

I still watch it though.

I watched the first season, really liked it, and I dunno: I just kinda got burnt out a few episodes into the second season.

I liked Quinn, Rachel, and Artie. My ex is nauseatingly obesessed with Chord Overstreet (Sam?)...needless to say he and I don't talk much anymore.

From what I saw of the first season, I really wasn't a fan of Kurt. I guess it's the radical queer in me that wishes him to stick out from the stereotype, but I feel that Glee's immense popularity is a great way to encourage acceptance of all people in the LGBTQ community, so it's kind of disappointing that they chose to go with the more stereotypical portrayal of the community. That said, the episodes that do center around Kurt and LGBTQ ordeals are really poignant and nicely done, and I commend Chris Colfer for a great job.

It does piss me off though that like, none of the cast members are actually around high school age.
    Last edited by Hambone; 11-23-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm not a fan of Glee. I don't dislike it, but I guess my...antiqued parents made me a musical purist. Interestingly enough, despite being a huge fan of Classic Rock, I had a friend (the other gay guy at our school) come up to me and gush about an awesome song he heard on Glee. When I asked him how it went he started singing the lyrics: "Thunder only happens when it's raining." He said I should check it out, even though I don't like Glee he thought I should like the song.

And I said I already did. It's called Dreams by Fleetwood Mac, performed and written by the ever-legendary Stevie Nicks. The rest of the lyrics go, "Players only love you when they're playing. Women, they will come and they will go. When the rain washes you clean you'll know."

He was pissed. I outfagged him. I outfagged him hard and he knew it. I don't think he talked to me for another few days. Serves him right, that jealous bitch.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

It does piss me off though that like, none of the cast members are actually around high school age.
    When are they ever in any TV show or film? Anything from Glee to The Inbetweeners, the cast members are usually early 20s at least. Glee is hardly unique there.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

When are they ever in any TV show or film? Anything from Glee to The Inbetweeners, the cast members are usually early 20s at least. Glee is hardly unique there.
    I didn't say it was...

Doctor Who?

I watched Glee religiously the first season, but I kind of got bored with it. I still watch the new episodes, but mainly just to hear what songs they're covering.
    You always said I looked grumpy. But those were the happiest days of my life.