Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gaming is dead/Long live gaming.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I agree, it just makes things less tedious. You know what really pisses me off? When I get past a difficult encounter and then find out the hard way that the game developers put some retarded impossible to notice death trap just afterwards and I lose two hours of progress

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I don't think QTE's are around as much as they were and in general I don't find them fun. I would comment about the hand holding thing, but I don't ever understand what people are talking about when they say that. As for difficulty I'm not entirely sure on the subject, but looking back at the games I've played this gen I found all of them to provide some kind of challenge. Some may have been easy on lower difficulty levels, but then I just changed the difficulty to give me that challenge. Portal was the game that gave me the most challenge this gen, but only on my first playthrough. After that, the solutions to the puzzles remained in my head and as a result I was able to solve them a lot faster than on my first run.

I felt that the Arkham games boss battles are far too easy and too simplistic in design with the exception of Mr. Freeze whose boss fight is even better and more challenging on New Game +.

I do despise the handling of DLC in a lot of recent games. Batman Arkham City and Uncharted 3's online passes are money grabs. Since Arkham City was revealed they treated Catwoman as a part of the main game that you didn't have to pay for up until like a week or two before the game released. I didn't support either game's handling and instead just got those disc locked content by downloading them off of someone else's account. My integrity is not worth such a small amount of money.