Thread: Can you get more then 5 pink tails?

Blog Entries

Default Can you get more then 5 pink tails?

I have got 5 adamant armor and it was pretty easy actually. I am playing the PSP CC if that helps. Anyways it went from 1 pink tail every 3-4 hours to no pink tail in 10 hours. I have a bunch of sirens so I use 99 and if unsuccessful I reset and try my odds again. I want to move on and get the crystal rings from the red dragons or ribbons for the rest of my crew. I may even do the cursed ring deal too.

So with all the secret summons and 5 adamant armors I am in good shape. My only concern is that there may be a limit on how many pink tails are dropped now. I have like 600 more sirens so thats no big deal. I'm sure I can farm red dragons with ease. I did sit for days randomly fighting MindFlayer without them. That's in another thread though

If you were going to equip all your characters with what ever you could what would you put on them. My set up would be like this:

Best weapon of course
    Shield or no shield... depends on character.
    Ribbon
    Adamant Armor
    Cursed Ring/crystal ring

If I go with the cursed ring I will not only be immune to status effects cause of the ribbon, I will absorb all elements as well. The only thing that could hurt me is physical attacks.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I actually don't know a lot about this rare item stuff but it's always intruiged me so I want someone to come in this thread with some answers!!!

You can get as many Pink Tails as you like. Same goes for any other rare drop, including even the summon items.
    Currently writing a massive prequel to FFVI. Starts thousands of years before the game begins with the birth of magic, and chronicles the entire history of the FFVI world. Check it out!

Final Fantasy VI - The Sands of Time

Blog Entries

I was thinking the same. It's just a few hours everyday maybe going through 2 sets of 99 sirens and get nothing. It made me think that I need to put them away or on other characters before I could get more.
    Marcus

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

I've never gotten a Pink Tail using less than a thousand Sirens per Tail, so I would consider your first five Tails to be extremely lucky. It usually takes me at least a week of dedicated grinding just to get one, but I'm usually pretty unlucky with drops.
    Currently writing a massive prequel to FFVI. Starts thousands of years before the game begins with the birth of magic, and chronicles the entire history of the FFVI world. Check it out!

Final Fantasy VI - The Sands of Time

Blog Entries

Well so far this has been my set up. First I sat outside of Baron until I got the goblin and cocktrice summons. So I kept them and moved along in the story all the way to the cave where you can't use metal weapons. After that I grinded up until level 65-68. So yeah I was over powered for the rest of the game. I ran from a lot of battles (After I got my bestiary entries) until I got to the lunar path where you can fight bombs. This is where the real trouble came. Each character after level 71 will get a set of 9-10 possible level ups. So not only was I not able to use sirens for the bombs I had to reset each time I didn't get the level up bonuses I wanted for a character. Time went by and I would take four level them up how I wanted them get four more from Mystira (SP?) Anyways it took a bunch of weeks but I got everything I wanted. Now I got the armor and I am at the 2nd to last screen before the final battle. Here I am planing on getting glass masks, avenger, and crystal rings. It's going to be a long run but I am ready to face the odds.
    Marcus

Ha, the thread title reminded me of the time Sir Ron Lionheart, in his Let's Play of FF4, picked up two pink tails and took them to the Adamant Isle. His reaction to only getting one item back for them was amusing to say the least.

I tried farming for a Pink Tail once, and eventually gave up. I didn't see the point anyway; I've beaten FF4 enough times without any of the rare rewards.