Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List your top five favorite Capcom games.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Damn, I forgot about Okami. It's ok, I hate myself too now.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Anyone who hasn't played The Magical Quest is missing out on one of the greatest platformers of the 16-bit era.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    What, nobody put down Okami?

I despise you all.
    That was Clover, not Capcom.

Or are we doing the same thing Disney does when they call Pixar films their's?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Clover was a subsidiary of Capcom. Hence why Capcom got to decide that they were shutting them down.

Good question. Capcom have a lot of great games under their belt. Lets see.....

5. Clock Tower 3 - Some argue CT3 is worse than the previous two but I prefer it personally. Great suspense, cool story and just an underrated game overall.

4. Breath of Fire III - Whilst it sums up just about every generic JRPG from the era I still think theres a lot of charm and some solid game mechanics in BF3. Went through the game recently in fact.

3. Resident Evil - Its aged quite badly by now but combination of puzzle solving, exploration and combat was already finely tuned in this game. Been through the game so many times and even recorded a speed run on VHS which lies on my video shelf yet to be seen by anyone but me (it not that good anyway )

2. Devil May Cry - Changed the way I saw video games really. That level of visceral in your face action was a water shed moment for me. First game to really nail third person combat. Plus, it simply rocks.

1. Resident Evil 2 - The original laid the groundwork but RE2 perfected just about everything. The setting and music especially are some of the most memorable in any video game ever. Dunno why RE2 is number 1 but I suppose its because it played such an important part of my childhood and just stuck in my head long after I first beat it.