Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFVII Remade in Unreal - by a fan

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

To all those saying it's terrible, you have to remember: it's a fanwork in progress. Not that the finished product (assuming the guy does finish) will be anything to gawk about.

You can search youtube and find several other, and frankly, better FFVII remake attempts by fans over the years, some recent, some not so recent. None have ever been anywhere near finished as far as I'm aware, but it's fun to watch some of them, just for the fact that I think it'd be awesome to play FFVII with updated graphics. I'd settle for PS2 graphics myself.

It's a nice thought but honestly, as big an FFVII fan I am, I am just fine if they never remake it. No matter how they do it people will complain that its not good enough.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah I'd be happy with PS2 graphics as well and a smooth framerate for the battles.

I doubt it'll ever get done. They didn't recreate the whole opening cutscene at all and when you factor in how long it probably took them just to make the train stop, and just how many different environments are in FFVII and how huge a lot of them are, you'd need a real big industry player like Square with the know-how to get it done. FFVII was a huge game and while I don't think it would take the "up to ten years!" Square management and producers are claiming, it would definitely take a good amount of time.

What's the opposite of a soundtrack? ... probably not what I'm about to propose. I think the VII FMVs should be redone with Advent-style graphics and released on a disc like a soundtrack would.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 02-14-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    How marvelous that fans are working on the remake that Square has been on the iff about for a while. The man is doing this on his own and is still just learning to make games, but was able to produce something of this quality which I find superb.
    This type of project has been done before, but some are more successful than others. Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes was an example of a fan project for a sequel for Chrono Trigger that ended with a Cease & Desist letter from Square Enix only days from its release to the public. I applaud fan communities that take the initiative to do something like this and hope that legalities don't get in the way.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

Yeah remember that CT remake that actually came really close to release and looked absolutely awesome?

Some swift action from S-E soon brought an end to that (and regardless of the fact they had every right, diminished my opinion of them a little)

I fear this could only end in tears. But wish them the best of luck.

As someone who has been entirely against any sort of remake for the game, I will say that if (really, "when") it happened (happens) THAT is how I would want it done. NOT in the more realistic updated style of Advent Children, NOT including story elements introduced in the crappy Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, but something along the lines of how it's portrayed there.

However, they would never do it that way, so I keep my stance that I in no way want Square to ever put their dirty paws on that game. It's damn near perfect just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Yeah remember that CT remake that actually came really close to release and looked absolutely awesome?

Some swift action from S-E soon brought an end to that (and regardless of the fact they had every right, diminished my opinion of them a little)

I fear this could only end in tears. But wish them the best of luck.
    Actually, it didn't lower my opinion of SE. Normally, such an action would, but shortly after they cancelled the project, they released the DS rerelease of Chrono Trigger.

Thus, they were shutting down a project that was not only a copyright breach, but also would have directly impacting their sales. If CT had continued to be abandoned completely by SE, it would have felt like them just being over stingy dictators. As it was, it was a very defensible and understandable business position.

Now we just need to wait a bit longer and get the Chrono Resurrection project to start up once SE has moved past CT again.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I remind people yet again that remaking this game in current generation graphics will eventually entail having to animate a scene in which Cloud gets gangbanged in a bathhouse. In modern day graphics.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I remind people yet again that remaking this game in current generation graphics will eventually entail having to animate a scene in which Cloud gets gangbanged in a bathhouse. In modern day graphics.
    I don't see the problem.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's funny, the only thing I could keep thinking about this was that they made Tifa's boobs too big.

And I'd love a remake...if it didn't have voice-overs. That is the one quality of addition to an FFVII remake that would ruin it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.