Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Square Enix Continues to dominate the PSN charts!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Arrow View Post
    I'm amazed that FFVII still sells like this. I mean, die-hards likely already have the game and all of the merch, so who is still buying it? Must be word of mouth still. I wonder what all the new players think of it.
    Yes, but it is only competing against other PS1 classics. I wouldn't be surprised if #1 spot was only like 100 copies.
    Not sure 100%, VII passed 150K after one month from release just on US and EU.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I have no doubt in my mind that FF7 sold very well on PSN when it was released. But as Flying Arrow pointed out, it is hard to imagine it has a large market of people nowadays that haven't purchased it yet.

We have no way of knowing if being on the top of PSOne Classics means anything. The fact that FF7 is continually at the top, even in the face of much more recent re-releases, is what leads me to think this.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Good to see us still on top.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Good to see us still on top.
    Whoa there. "Us"? Aren't you a huge IX fan? Pick a side and stick with it.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I believe he means Final Fantasy as a series. Domination, brah. We can bicker about which one is the best but when trout goes down you know we're a united front like.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think this just shows that a FFVII remake for the PS3 would sell a bazillion copies.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

But remember it would take 20 years to make.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That's perfect! Then I'll have something to play when right when I send my kids off to college.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that FF7 sold very well on PSN when it was released. But as Flying Arrow pointed out, it is hard to imagine it has a large market of people nowadays that haven't purchased it yet.

We have no way of knowing if being on the top of PSOne Classics means anything. The fact that FF7 is continually at the top, even in the face of much more recent re-releases, is what leads me to think this.
    These are not download numbers. There are in fact "SALES", as in people purchasing them. If you look at the first post, you can see FFVII gets dethroned in both October and November (coinciding with the release of Crono Cross and Final Fantasy VI respectively), but it reclaims the top spot shortly after. Reason? Because it's hands down the best PSone title out there and new PSP/PS3/PSV players continue to show their support with eager demand for this gem.

There are plenty of gamers who have never even played FFVII before. There's another gaming generation now that's grown up without it, whose first foray into Final Fantasy was XII or XIII. The game has sold magnificently, but it has not come close to being bought by everyone in the gaming community. There are still people buying it, and there will continue to be people buying it as long as we can keep it alive and keep passing the word of it on to others.

Now if only Square will get it through their heads to release Secret of Mana on something besides the IPhone.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Now if only Square will get it through their heads to release Secret of Mana on something besides the IPhone.
    I just got this for my iPhone, it's great and all... But wouldn't it be so nice if they could do hand drawn (like in Legend of Mana) for PSN / Live and in HD? That'd make me wet myself, for sure. In fact, do it for Seiken Densetsu 3 too and give us an official translation! #onecandream

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    I just got this for my iPhone, it's great and all... But wouldn't it be so nice if they could do hand drawn (like in Legend of Mana) for PSN / Live and in HD? That'd make me wet myself, for sure. In fact, do it for Seiken Densetsu 3 too and give us an official translation! #onecandream
    Thinking on it, PSN and Live would be a great place for SE to utilize a new dev department. It would concentrate on making quality pre-rendered/hand-drawn 2D RPGs and could service the same old-school gamer crowd that buys Mega Man 10 or an HD re-scale of a popular series. This department could be called... "Squaresoft".

February sales are in. FFVII and FFVI refuse to leave the top PSone classics throne. Thanks to the price drop to $5.99, FFT:WOTL clinched first in PSP sales and Dissidia duodecim clocked in 5th. February's top downloaded DLC content for PS3 belonged to FFXIII-2!

February 2012
    PSone Classics
    1) Final Fantasy VII
    2) Final Fantasy VI
    4) Final Fantasy IX

Digital PSP
    1) Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
    5) Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

PS3 DLC
    1) Final Fantasy XIII-2 -- Opponent: Lightning & Amodar
    3) Final Fantasy XIII-2 -- Noel's Outfit: Battle Attire

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

PS3 DLC
    1) Final Fantasy XIII-2 -- Opponent: Lightning & Amodar
    3) Final Fantasy XIII-2 -- Noel's Outfit: Battle Attire
    Oh. All they need now a pre-rendered game on PSN and their domination will complete.

March Sales are in!

March 2012
    PSone Classics
    1) Final Fantasy VII
    2) Final Fantasy IX
    3) Final Fantasy VI
    4) Final Fantasy VIII
    5) Chrono Trigger

Digital PSP
    1) Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
    2) Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
    4) Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy

PS3 DLC
    5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 – Sazh: Heads or Tails?