Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Smash Bros. Equivalent Being Released for PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    This seems odd. Presuming you'd have people like Nathan Drake, Nariko, someone from one of the Ico team's games, Kratos, etc. And then things like Sockboy and Fat Princess? Its like cartoons vs humans. They'd need to pick one side or the other because I don't think these are going to mesh as well as Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It'd be more like Cool World: The Fighting Game

And off topic, Sega doesn't need to get back into the console race. But they do need to make those games with the competence they had in their studios about midway through their console life. Though they apparently lost most of their competent designers
    True, I would agree, but then look at Super Smash Bros., because it has both "cute, cartoony" characters and "realistic human" characters as well.
    Is that your final answer?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Aegis Vs. KOS-MOS anyone?
    When Soul Calibur 2 came out I bought it because it let me use Link from The Legend of Zelda in a fighting game (Super Smash Bros. aside...). So far amongst the list of characters being rumored to appear I have zero interest. I'd love to play as KOS-MOS.

When I first read this thread I was hoping to see some Final Fantasy characters in a fighting game, then I realized I own Ehrgeiz and both Dissidias.

I'll probably pass on playing this game if I don't see any characters that are a huge draw for me.

(SPOILER)Edit: You know...I really don't like using terms like "I'll pass on this game" or "I might pick that one up". When I was a child playing video games was an escape. Some sort of fantasy I could live in. An alternate world to our own. So when I say things like "pass on" or "pick up"....well, I don't know. They sound too much like financial terms, which I really don't like. In general though, you understand what i'm trying to say in the last sentence of my post so I'll leave it as is.
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 03-13-2012 at 03:24 PM.

The roster should consist of a mixture of both central popular characters and lesser known "retro" or "long lost" characters.
    Is that your final answer?

When I heard the concept I was like "Well, being a crossover fighting game doesn't necessarily mean it's just Smash Bros. with Sony characters."

Holy crap, though. :P It totally is.

Sony doesn't have enough instantly recognizable and classic characters to really pull this off as well as Nintendo does. I mean, that dude from Killzone is one of the announcement characters. Who even remembered he existed?

Maybe if Sony stuck with their characters across generations. :P I can't really think of any that have appeared on all three PlayStations that aren't third-party characters.

...Wow that's blatant.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I watched part of that video, saw Fat Princess fight and noticed she has some moves stolen from Peach. Hello butt attack? xD

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hahahaha. That looks just like Smash, except the stages look like the suck more.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Hahahaha. That looks just like Smash, except the stages look like the suck more.
    The stages are their own mini crossovers. Like Hades smashing the ground and suddenly being sieged by Patapon.

That actually sounds really cool.

Articles
    Blog Entries

This game will not be worth the lame fanboy fighting that it creates.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    The stages are their own mini crossovers. Like Hades smashing the ground and suddenly being sieged by Patapon.

Well I dislike all the Smash stages that have hazards.

Well I dislike all the Smash stages that have hazards.
    You're one of those Fox-only no items Final Destination types, aren't you? ;P Because almost all of them have hazards. It's part of the game.

Blog Entries

If you want to exaggerate, yes. Some of the levels with hazards or gimmicks I have no problem with like Corneria or Jungle Japes, but stages like Poke Floats are lame.

Blog Entries

Hahahaha. That looks just like Smash, except the characters look like they suck more.
    Fixed.

When a fighting game like this doesn't even have a single appealing character, there's something wrong.
    You're one of those Fox-only no items Final Destination types, aren't you? ;P Because almost all of them have hazards. It's part of the game.
    Hey, we can play on Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams and Dream Land 64 too!

...though to be perfectly honest, I do personally find Final Destination to be the most entertaining stage overall.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

They're going to have to do more than just level mashups to avoid being called complete copy cats