Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Last of Us

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Not to spit on your hopes or anything, but that was kind of my point. This isn't the main Bioware dev team. This is a completely separate dev team that just got renamed to capitalize on the Bioware name. One would certainly hope they would put a lot of care into their game as Bioware does (even if I've never liked a Bioware game), but I hope for that with every game developer. But since we literally know nothing about who is working at this new developer, it's hard to say if they'll pull it off.
    That their other dev teams don't bring care to their games? So far the only complaints I've heard were, like mine, creative issues. Like ME2 being too shootery or DAII being too hack n slashey. I haven't heard anything about them failing the bare minimum issues of quality control or that their design concepts were flawed by virtue of themselves. After the last few C&C titles I'm just hoping for something that gets the basics right... nostalgia will do the rest for me

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Those games were still made by the original Bioware team though, not any of the new ones (though I think one was created specifically to assist the other teams). This new team certainly had nothing to do with it unless some personnel have been shuffled around.

And I'm sure the majority of game developers want to make every game they work on amazing and put all of the care and effort in the world into it. Doesn't keep most from making bad games. And slapping the Bioware name on a new development team doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be able to make a game of the quality that Bioware does (if that's what you'd call what they do).

And really, at this point I think we're pretty far off topic so it's probably best to leave the Bioware discussion and get back to talk of Naughty Dog making awesome games.