Thread: The age old Chrono Trigger problem, revived!

Default The age old Chrono Trigger problem, revived!

Okay, so: Chrono Trigger, 2300AD the first time, Arris Dome, right after the Guardian is destroyed, you talk to the rat and get the secret passage, hold L&R then press A, you have an emulator and it has special needs so you set L&R to the same key, doesn't work, you set them all to the same key, doesn't work, you google and it's all the same solutions, but not for you. Or me. I can't get this stupid passage open, no matter what I do.
    My emulator is Snes9x so idk maybe that one just doesn't work as great as zsnes. Are there any cheats so I can just bypass this? Or any more tricks? Remember; I've tried setting L&R to the same key and I've tried setting L&R and A to the same key and it won't work.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Why not just download zsnes for that part then switch back?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

Just so were clear, L and R are the shoulder buttons right? It's silly but some people spend ages trying to L and R the directional buttons
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I'm sticking with Snes9x. My system likes it better than zsnes.

And yes L and R are originally the shoulder buttons, not left and right directional.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Why do you have L & R on the same key? snes9x Is all I have ever used and I don't see any reason why you have to do so. I am willing to bet that the reason it isn't working is you can't bind multiple key-presses to one key. It probably does them sequentially rather than simultaneously.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

In the beginning I did try it with separate keys, but later learned that with emulators three keys pressed at the same time won't react.
    If you google this problem everyone says to set L&R as the same keys. Even EoFF says set all three buttons to the same key.

But yes, it was tried with all three buttons as different keys.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Have you tried setting L&a to the same key, and R separate? Or R&a + L? I've played trigger as a rom, and I use snes9x and I didn't have this problem. I use usb controllers though, so maybe that's a solution?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Which begs the question, are you using a game pad or keyboard? I always used a keyboard and didn't have any problems with three simultaneous key presses on snes9x.

And on top of that are you using a wireless input device? I know that sometimes they have problems with multiple simultaneous inputs.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Set it to two different keys, and if it doesn't work try a different Keyboard.

I'm serious, I had that problem with mine. The keyboard itself wasn't registering the two keys at once, (I had all mine assigned to letters) yet my other key board could do it.

Ok, yes I am just using a keyboard. Like I said I had the A button set to my X key and L&R to D key.

And the problem is solved via some source I found while searching for solutions. I set L&R to right shift and it worked for some reason.

Thanks!