Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spirits of Choice?

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Default Spirits of Choice?

As I sit here, having done nothing today, with nothing to do tomorrow, sleepless and hip deep into a bottle of rum, I find myself wondering about all you lovely EoFF'ers. If you imbibe, what is your preferred spirit? Has it shifted over the course of time? I myself started drinking young and dumb with cheap Rum and Vodka, but over the years I've found myself mellowing and preferring good sipping whiskey (when I can afford it anyway.)

Edit: I suppose my title is a bit misleading. I guess "stupifying drink of choice" would be more accurate than spirit. I don't mean to exclude those that prefer something other than a 750ml of 80 proof.
    Last edited by GhandiOwnsYou; 12-16-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Only out of the category of "spirits," eh? I suppose I'll go with vodka then. I went to a comedy show tonight and had a nice Melon Drop, which is two shots of vodka, two shots of Midori, and a squirt of Sprite.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Whoops, edit, I didn't read the OP very well. Straight spirits it's Rum, then. I used to drink Vodka almost exclusively, but I've developed a rather rabid taste for rum.

I'm not a drunk, but I like alcohol a lot. My top few drinks are: Midori Sours (I do my own version, but only when I can get away with drinking a "sissy drink"), rum & coke (prefer Capt. Morgan's), apple pie (a moonshine concoction, E. KY represent yo), and just about anything with vodka. I also drink a lot of wine, basically on a nightly basis. I'm trying to expand my horizons and become a connoisseur, but there are some wines that I just can't get myself to enjoy. Like Pinot Noir...I've tried ~20 different Pinot Noirs from the cheap stuff to a really old bottle that my uncle had, and it all tastes horrible. I tend to enjoy whites a lot more.
    I also like vodka martinis. Especially flavored martinis, like a delicious blueberry martini that I drank at a bar playing pool after many hours of beer once I was brave enough to order it in front of my friends who only drink beer and whisky because they're "manly men".
    I guess I would be an alcoholic, in all honesty, if I didn't have such amazing willpower.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scotch.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    E. KY represent yo
    Man, you live in the land of Woodford Reserve and you're calling it at Rum? The shame...

It's been a while since I've been a real Rum fiend. Used to be my poison, but living out in Tennetucky has inspired me to get into bourbon something fierce. Bacardi's new stuff, Oakheart, is kind of luring me back in to the rum though. If you like the Captain, you oughta give that a shot. I've recently started trying Kraken rum too. It doesn't play around, but it's pretty good.

Blog Entries

Real celtic men from the valleys don't drink spirits. Real ale only.

there was a picture here

im from one of the crappy welsh valleys and we only drink the smartprice stuff

70p for 4 cans of lager, we're laughing, boyo

Seriously tho, I like all spirits. Right now I am terribly broke and depressed and drinking the nasty stuff, but usually a nice, quality whiskey in the evening is wonderful. I also love Sailor Jerry's rum. I even like brandy, which no one under 60 likes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    we're laughing, boyo
    boyo
    Shameless English dog posing as valleys man detected

there was a picture here

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whiskey. I like whiskey.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm fond of Casper the Friendly Ghost.

Somebody had to make the inevitable terrible joke, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    we're laughing, boyo
    boyo
    Shameless English dog posing as valleys man detected
    i was going to say "butt" or "spar" but I thought it would be too Newport for you

Articles
    Blog Entries

Tequila, no contest.

Or if I don't feel like getting absolutely blind then I'll drink gin.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To get blind drunk? Simple: Jaeger Bombs or else Tequila Slammers.

To drink socially? Jack Daniels and Coke, SoCo and Lemonade, Gin and Cranberry, Apple and Vodka, Disaronno and Coke, Malibu and Coke.... they're generally on level setting

To sit down and drink straight and not get blind drunk? Jack Daniels or SoCo.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

oh god

I guess Tequilla is my choice. The other drinks make me cry in pain.

One time we got birthday boy completely trashed on iced vodka. He was passed out on our table and the bartender kicked us out. Afterward we video taped him vomitting on the side of the CBC building while laughing at him, then hit on every single female from there to the subway station.

"Okay there's you. enjoy the flight of stairs I'll see you on monday"

then we left him there and continued to drink. Alas at the first bar (a very nice jazz club) one of us let slip that we had been drinking lots previously so we got cut-off. And the rest of the bars were fail.

No more drunken good times

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I drink whiskey, I've just never acclimated to the taste. I'm sensitive enough to the qualities of alcohol to understand why other people enjoy it, I just can't get myself to. Now I'll drink jack&coke all night, but to sit back and just suck down some whiskey...only when I'm trying to look particularly rough and badass. My friend, who's rather crafty, has set up a still. I got a small taste, 'bout a shot's worth, last week that set me on my ass. I'll see him tonight and supposedly he'll have more.