Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Sales

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Well the fact that FF13-2 has something might be the explanation behind the increase in pre-orders. Either way it will sure be interesting to compare the sales to FF13.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Those are some promising stats. I'm surprised still, because I know there are a lot of people who didn't recommend XIII to their friends and would not even give XIII-2 a look because they disliked the first one so much. Though VeloZer0's theory could be right there.

SALES UPDATE:

JPN Media Create Top 20:
    [PS3] 11. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix, 12/15): 8,706 (762,674)*
    *Weekly sales Italicized and Total sales Bolded.

USA Pre-Order Numbers:
    The top 3 Pre-ordered titles stateside are all RPGs:
    1 Mass Effect 3 X360 7 62,062 598,324
    2 Diablo III PC N/A 37,768 559,455
    3 Final Fantasy XIII-2 PS3 2 65,266 354,416
    10 Final Fantasy XIII-2 X360 2 23,505 115,319
    Underlined is Weeks to launch, Italicized is how many new order last week and Bolded is total Preorders.

FFXIIIvsFFXIII-2-5.png
    "Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) is at number three, as it adds 65,000 pre-orders, up from 47,000 last week, for a total of 354,000. The game has passed its predecessor, Final Fantasy XIII (PS3). The game is two weeks away from launch, January 31, 2012 in the USA."

Contributions

It's funny how D3 is up there without even a release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    With all the expectations about Versus XIII it's almost guaranteed to be the flop of the century, no matter how fantastic (or not) the game will be, there's no way it'll please all those (often ridiculously) high expectations.
    Some games manage to meet their expectations. GTA IV, FFVII, MGS4, God of War 3, etc. Although I don't know what people are expecting, because details are still scarce.

Contributions

Some people are expecting it to simultaneously save the franchise while making up for a decade of lackluster releases.

I can't say for sure because I haven't played it, but I remain skeptical that these expectations are live-up-to-able.

I didn't really follow games that heavily at the time, but didn't VII also have a lengthy development cycle and the weight of FFVI on its shoulders? It turned out alright. Anyway, I also hope that Versus XIII is awesome (and not necessarily the best game, or even FF, ever made) and, given the amount of work been done on it, I think it should meet that.

I don't understand why XIII-2 is selling so badly in Japan though. Didn't it get a 40/40 from Famitsu.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    I didn't really follow games that heavily at the time, but didn't VII also have a lengthy development cycle and the weight of FFVI on its shoulders? It turned out alright. Anyway, I also hope that Versus XIII is awesome (and not necessarily the best game, or even FF, ever made) and, given the amount of work been done on it, I think it should meet that.

I don't understand why XIII-2 is selling so badly in Japan though. Didn't it get a 40/40 from Famitsu.
    You mean the weight of FFIV not FFVI because FFVI wasn't Japan's fan favorite or peak of FF or anything like that. FFVII did have a long cycle but that because it did have a completely original assets and engine while the older may recycle a lot of stuff.

Sorry for bumping just wanted to share the updated sales!

SALES (in millions):
    PS3 North America: 0.46, Europe: 0.26, Japan: 0.79, GLOBAL: 1.64
    Xbox 360 North America: 0.17, Europe: 0.15, Japan: 0.1, GLOBAL: 0.36

*GLOBAL units includes "other regions"

TOTAL WORLD WIDE SALES: ~2.00 million units