Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

Thread: Mafia XXI: History Edition Sign and Discussion Thread

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I still don't get how Cathy was suspicious. You all have said "yeah cathy! I knew it!" But you have never explained nor gave any reason to why Cathy was suspicious xD
    I never thought Cathy was mafia. I read that Psy would be playing with a mindset of a townie, and it was played perfectly that I didn't catch on immediately. But I am still mad that I wasn't able to save Simon's women-hating ass. xD

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

“What is going on inz here! Okay I don't know how to type a Russian accent.”

Cat posted early and then disappeared for a while. I found that suspicious, but not so much to say anything about it yet.

Keep in mind this is my first game of Mafia, so…

Lots of people say lots of meaningless things basically, but then Cat comes in and has this big insightful post that breaks down everything that had happened so far. So I thought to myself, this must be what an experienced player looks like. Definitely townie. But the fact that this was my first thought made me think instead that Cat was trying too hard to look townie. Hence, suspicious.

At this point I’m thinking that Cat is either A. a very experienced player showing everyone else how to be a townie. Or B. an experienced to very experienced Mafia trying to look very townie and control the game.

Notice I voted for Cat day two, so I’m not just making this up after the fact.

When Cat voted for Shaka right into the beginning of day 3 I knew she was mafia, but I didn’t know how to go about attacking her. I hoped that by voting with her I would draw something out, maybe something from her, maybe something from her fellow conspirators.

“I can understand your reasoning a bit better now Gandhi and I can respect your decision. I do disagree with grilling itself being suspicious though, I think it's worth looking at why someone has taken an action rather than the action itself if that makes sense. I am probably going to be grilling people in the future, if I think the situation calls for it. It's just how I like to play this game I suppose!”

Too conciliatory, too knowledgeable, too confident.

It worked to give me final proof for myself that she was dirty, but not enough to go on to convince other people.

Sadly I was a coward and was afraid to jump on Cat until I thought I had a chance of not getting on the Mafia’s radar. My first game, I didn’t want to go out early, ya know? I had hoped to hit Cat with a last second vote because I knew if I vote for her early when it would have pushed her into #1 vote getter range, she would have done something to make it stop. But then the whole Saladin thing happened which ruined my day 3, I didn’t know how to recover. If I’d needed more evidence, which I didn’t, it came anyway when Cat jumped on the Saladin bandwagon. For someone who so obviously knew about the game and was playing such a strong role in the game, there was no way that the Saladin vote was coming from anywhere but a Mafia perspective.

If I could have put the pieces together on that Saladin vote and realized that there was a traitor in the form of a stupiduglydoodoohead named Ieyasu, I might have been able to figure out who to target as allies to turn the game around on the last day, but Alex jumped in with that last vote before I had a chance to ruminate on the previous day’s vote.

You did such a great job on getting Alexander to be the swing vote on that last day, Justy. Ihateyouforever. I’ll never trust anyone ever again.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

What's funny is the shaka vote, the day 2 analyzing post , the being respectful to others points and the saladin thing, I/Psy would have done the exact same moves had we been town lol I think it was the second time for the both of us to ever be mafia and when we're town, that's how we play lol. Paul usually wins and most the time I at least make it to endgame. So it just amuses me that those actions were seen as scummy from.a first timer

FFXIV Character

yeah, I just didn't have anything on which to base an opinion on how townies ideally act, so I probably over thought the whole thing. Since when are people respectful? I must be jaded to see respectfulness as scummy, you're right.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think I vocalised in posts the same way I always do, town or mafia. But our votes were utterly appalling for a townie so that should've been a big red flag I feel. Thank god I had an "It's you or me, sorry " out for Saladin. Although I would've made the same vote for the same reason if I was town in that position too, so

FFXIV Character

Cookie monster is throwing a smilie cookie

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't understand why everyone voted for bolivar, that would have been the worst mafia role ever.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen