Thread: Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Silent Hill: Revelation 3D

Discuss the sequel to the Silent Hill film coming out in 2012.

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm pessimistic.

Three Mistakes They've Made:

1. They're making it in 3D
    2. They put Revelation in the title (it's become so cliche to have that in the title now that it's not even funny)
    3. Making Sean Bean Harry Mason after he was already Chris Da Silva, but now also making him Chris Da Silva as well...confusing? Wtf.

EDIT: Actually four mistakes...

4. ^that guy is way too hot to be Vincent imo

With that said, I'm probably still going to go see it. *fangirls* *squee*

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Wasn't Silent Hill one of the better game movies (not that that's saying much)? That's what everyone told me anyway, I never saw it.

I never really got into the games because I was too chicken to finish the first one.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

The movie received good notices, and rightfully so. It was a good movie, and it did manage to capture the atmosphere of Silent Hill.

I have no preconceived notions about this upcoming movie.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Wasn't Silent Hill one of the better game movies (not that that's saying much)? That's what everyone told me anyway, I never saw it.
    The original started off well enough then devolved into something so unquestionably awful and so far from the source material that it was painful to watch. At least until the final scene in the church which was laughably bad. Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen, not to mention a bad translation of the video games after the first half hour or so.

Unless I start hearing the sequel is an Oscar worthy masterpiece you'd have to pay me to see it.

So?

What did you think of the movie?

I am waiting for some answer(s) first.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The film was utter smurfing garbage.

That was one very clear statement.

I have watched the movie the fourth time with the one today. It is already one of my most favourite movies (and yes, I am glad not everything was made the same way the game was, except Heather and the story I thought the game was not good and the differences between game and movie were there for a good reason).

Pyramid Head forever.

The final battle is by far my most favourite part. Who cares about Pyramid Head's original concept. In Silent Hill all demons have a personal meaning for each character anyway, so it is absolutely okay to do that for Pyramid Head and his meaning for Alessa is way better for me than the one he has for James. And that means much since I like the second game the most of the Silent Hill games.

Oh and yes, I think Adelaide Clemens is very sexy. Good to see Heather who was not frustrating to look at all the time like in the game while she was only laughing once during the normal and true ending.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-23-2012 at 03:30 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No. It was a clear statement because it was a trout movie.

I went in with very good expectations from the trailer; it looks like a good Silent Hill movie, a great visual representation of what is in the games.

What I got however, was some absolute hammy acting from Eddard Stark and his bastard son. Like SERIOUSLY dire acting at times, it's almost as if they'd read the script and couldn't take it at all seriously, so decided to mess about instead.

That scene when Jon Snow comes back to her house at the start after he walks her home was laughable, it was laughable!

And then when they actually get to Silent Hill, some individual shots are great, the fish in the bags at the carnival, I loved that. But the rest of the Silent Hill eery stuff is laid on SO THICK and completely overdone.

I loved the carousel though, I thought that was beautifully done, but the rest was overused at every available moment.

The one scene I loved was the scene with the mannequin monster, that was great, it was tense and weird. But it's greatness just got lost amongst every other stupid bit they'd thrown into the movie. I would have liked it more if the transitions were a lot fewer, and it wasn't constant "OMG LOOK WHAT WE CAN DO! WE CAN TURN THIS PLACE INTO A RUSTY MESS!"

I actually liked the girl who played Heather, but Carrie Ann Moss just felt like she was a cult-film name thrown in there, she seemed entirely out of place in her role.

And the last fight was ridiculous, just ridiculous. No words at all.

I happened to see this movie on Halloween, so there were a lot of younger teens watching it and messing around, laughing etc. At first I was annoyed but after a while I couldn't blame them.

There was one point at this movie where I almost just wanted to leave the cinema.

It was just utter bollocks.

My dog has done more entertaining trouts.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

I personally enjoyed it (SH3 being my favourite of the games as well) but I did have some gripe with it. The most is what Lockharted pointed out. Sean Bean and Kit Harington's acting in that film were just god awful. And I was pissed off that Harry didn't get killed off, which is supposed to be the drive for the entire game.
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    That was one very clear statement.
    No. It was a clear statement because it was a trout movie.
    I don't like it when people try to post something different than me just to point out their opinion as facts even though they obviously did not read my post or the first sentence. I don't know why you need to answer "That was one very clear statement" with "No. It was a clear statement because". Why "No"? Did I say "not clear?" Did my post seem like it would be sarcastic? You may write what you want and thought personally about the film itself but then please read my posts clearly. As things are now it seems like you have posted just because you did not understand my first sentence.

And I am glad that the Demon God was replaced by Missionary. That Demon God was the most ridiculous looking boss for me in Silent Hill. The final battle looked like some Gladiator battle in the movie.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-23-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I only wrote that because I did originally intend to write it as a longer review, and I didn't think you were being sarcastic, I only wanted to clear up why I didn't like the movie. I wasn't trying to be argumentative so I'm sorry if it came across that way at all, I just saw this thread had a reply and I thought I'd just write up a bit more of why I didn't like it, that's all.

Blog Entries

While my overall response is "meh," the only meaningful thing I can add is:

Dayum, the main character was hot.