Thread: Uncharted 3: a dissapointment?

Default Uncharted 3: a dissapointment?

man coming off u2 this game is a massive dissapointment. u2 is in my top 3 games of all time (behind only FFIX).. but u3... they really fcked up with this one.. its not terrible but just such a let down especially considering how awesome u1 and u2 were.. agree?

so far im about 1/2 way through.... i can only hope it gets better but as of now its like a 7/10 in my book which is bad for uncharted considering u2 was a legit 10/10 for me

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I haven't played it, but I know that online pass is some bulltrout though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

From mainstream reviewers I've heard it's just as good as 2, maybe better, but it was all expected this time around so it got a similar if not lesser score than UC2. Someone I trust seems to agree with your sentiment, though, so I'm inclined to believe this is the truth.

I do want to get Uncharted 3 sooner rather than later, if only for the story, but I'm definitely going to wait for a price slash. Given opinion on the game, that price is going to have to be pretty far down.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I liked it better than Uncharted 2, frankly.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    From mainstream reviewers I've heard it's just as good as 2, maybe better, but it was all expected this time around so it got a similar if not lesser score than UC2. Someone I trust seems to agree with your sentiment, though, so I'm inclined to believe this is the truth.

I do want to get Uncharted 3 sooner rather than later, if only for the story, but I'm definitely going to wait for a price slash. Given opinion on the game, that price is going to have to be pretty far down.
    Having just read that, I'm not so sure about the claim that the game relies "heavily on stealth". IMO, the need for stealthiness is similar to 2. I can only really think of one specific battle where it's really worth it for you to stealth through it.

I liked 3 better than 2 as well.

I've played a bit at my friend's house and got repelled by how much of this game seems to be scripted. I was not impressed.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's not as good as the second, which basically played about with every dynamic except Sully and Nate. Still, anything that gets more Sully is fantastic in my book, since he's my favourite character.

MAJOR SPOILER BELOW, DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU'VE COMPLETED THE GAME

(SPOILER)When he died I was devastated. It was so underplayed and just kind of happened. Glad that it didn't last, since the father/son/brother dynamic isn't used often enough in games to go throwing it away.

The gameplay itself was generally a bit heavy on the random enemy appearances for my liking, but it also gave a lot more of the stealth scenes which are great fun to try and master. The airport scene in particular was far too much fun to try and figure out how now to get spotted.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have to agree that I think U2 still has the edge over U3 in my opinion. The second game was such an improvement on the first that it would always be difficult to recreate that. That being said, 3 is still an incredible game. The 'Rough Seas' chapter is by far my favourite in any Uncharted game.

To be honest, this probably shouldn't have been posted as a thread when you've only completed half the game. I'm on my third play through now (treasure hunting!) and still wouldn't say I've seen everything the main game can offer.

The chapter where you have to survive the pirate graveyard is awesome. They still had some terrains similar to U2 like Yemen, which resembles the Afghan city in U2. Overall, it was still just as fun, but the final level city is defintielty not as impressive as in U2 where you had to go through the monastery and then reach Shangralah. Scenery was beautiful. You couldn't do much in the final city in U3 and getting inside it was way too quick.