Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Invitation - tGA!

EoFF Invitation - tGA!

In a universe where humans, elves, dwarves, gods and demons once existed peacefully, everything is slowly but surely unraveling. With the God of Order and the God of Chaos both dead, the remaining gods have scattered and abandoned their people, though whispers of divine plots still stir. The Godslayer, bringer of the Cataclysm that shattered the continents and stole the innate magics of the people, lies dormant in this age of isolation. The demons, unleashed upon the material world, seek to conquer this new land and reign supreme over their fellow demons. The elves have fallen victim to a gruesome, deadly plague. The humans, feeling lost and abandoned, struggle amongst themselves to protect their homelands and find their place in this new, brutal world. Countless games of deception are being played in every circle. The undead have risen in Remon, mindlessly spreading their sickness as they feed on the flesh of the living.

The Grand Alliance has risen once more as a candle in the darkness, but traitors lie in wait even in these noble ranks. The Crimson Coalition appears to counter the Alliance with its own goals and motives. Both sides feel their causes are just, both sides are ready to battle to oblivion if necessary. And yet, divided, they don't stand a chance against the massive demon hordes. Can they come together to defeat this threat? Or will darkness triumph over all?

The Gamer's Alliance (aka tGA) has been EoFF's unofficial forums-based ORPG for many years. It began as a collection of EzBoards getting together to RP (EoFF and several others, now long dead), and it evolved from there all the way into its current incarnation. tGA has historically drawn most of its membership from EoFF, and well-known EoFFers such as Cid, Dr Unne, Bleys, Raistlin, Loony BoB and Jojo among others have been RPing there.

If you're new to roleplaying, just think of it as a big, interactive, collaborative story. The plot of the RP is not set in stone, so anyone can add new ideas to it. As long as you're not "god-moding" (overpowering your characters, doing something ridiculously unrealistic), just about anything goes!

The current incarnation is largely based on traditional fantasy elements (with swords, magic, elves, dwarves, demons, gods, epic battles of good and evil, etc), though we have our share of not-so-traditional bits (pirates, samurai, communists, fundies, a gruesome elven plague, zombies). Our writers are all adults with great imaginations, though sometimes we tend to be a bit too windy.

It's not necessary to read up on all the history. Just read through the Rules, FAQ and New State of the World threads, and make a profile for your RP character in the Profiles thread. Once your character profile is approved, you're free to jump into the RP (stickied in the Crossroads forum) at any point.

If you don't feel like RPing in the main forum or if you want to start another RP set in your own world, tGA has a Quest forum where you can start your own original RPs.

Contact: See site; Nic (SN: Nephemera) and Kossage (SN: Kossage) can also be contacted via AIM if you have any questions.

Important Links:
    The Rules: The rules of the RP. Also contains a roleplaying guide.
    FAQ: Frequently asked questions about tGA.
    New State of the World: Quick rundown of what's going on in the tGA world.
    The World Map: The map of the tGA world.
    Factions: Major groups that have formed in the RP so far. Players are free to join an existing one, create their own, or simply be faction-free!
    Quick Character Listing: Pretty self-explanatory, a brief chart of all the player-controlled characters and important NPCs.
    Profiles: Where you post your character's profile. Also includes a template for reference.
    RP thread: Current chapter of the RP.

Update: The tGAWiki has gone live! Check it out for an easy-to-access, extensive database of tGA information!
    Last edited by Nic; 05-07-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Feel free to ask questions or comment about tGA related stuff on this thread, too.

For those of you who are regular chatters, we also have a chatroom:

Server: irc.eyesonff.com
    Port: 6667
    Room: #tga

Thanks, Nic.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shaft thrust?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Shaft thrust?!
    You know you want it.

Speaking of which, you and Huxley should join the RP too. You two could RP lovers and join the merry band of ninja pirates. How does that sound? It never hurts to have more romance in the story, after all.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

We're pretty short on romance lately. Though I guess that's what happens when couples have kids. ;(

Jojo and AK had a pretty cute thing going though. Would they ever come back? ^_^

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I suck at RPing lately! COME JOIN!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I love-ed you piggy

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what Dylas will think of next. Political plots are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I love-ed you piggy
    Will we be seeing more of Sam and her pet piggy's adventures in the RP?

I totally forgot there was a chatroom. But then I hadn't been on IRC at all in over a year until the other night. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Jojo and AK had a pretty cute thing going though. Would they ever come back? ^_^
    NO! NEVER! *assassinates jojo*
    Oh gods, why? ಥ_ಥ

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kossage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what Dylas will think of next. Political plots are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I love-ed you piggy
    Will we be seeing more of Sam and her pet piggy's adventures in the RP?

It'd be great if Bleys was around, he was the entire reason I invented Dylas.

Bleys was the one that dragged me to tGA in the very first place. It'd definitely be nice to have him around, it's just not the same without his ideas and characters.

I'll see if I can contact Bleys and ask him to pay a visit.

Also, I hope you'll enjoy your stay at tGA, NeoTifa.

Dunno, he didn't seem too thrilled about coming back the last time we discussed it in my LJ. Though it's not very nice if you ask me, invading with communists and then leaving us to deal with the mess!

Well, at least he followed the Communist ideology to its very end with all that abandonment stuff.

Anyway, I'll see if I can talk to him. Now that Lynx has made a nice pic promoting the Pronin cause, Bleys might get curious about it again.