Thread: Photoshop help

Default Photoshop help

I'm just wondering....... how do you make things partly transparent, like that EoFF forums logo, so that things can be seen but you can see the back as well. Do you get what I mean? I don't know how to do that. Thanks!

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

To make a whole layer partly transparent, what you do is right-click on the layer in the little box that shows all the layers and whatnot. Select "Blending Options...", and then select "Blending Options: Default" if it's not already selected. In "General Blending", you can change the opacity of the whole layer.

If that's not what you want, then I'm not sure what you mean. =(

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Put the thing you want transparent on it's own layer, then right-click that layer on the Layers tab (by default it's on the right hand side of the screen), and choose Blending Properties. Change the Opacity for simple transparency stuff, or enable the Gradient overlay further down the list onthe left hand side for more complex shading/transparency effects (or enable both if you want ) The others on the list on the left might do something too, I haven't played with them all yet
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP