Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FFVI Live Wallpaper for Android

Default FFVI Live Wallpaper for Android

Hey guys sorry if this is spammy (probably is by definition), but FFVI is a gravity well of nostalgia from my SNES days so I made an Android wallpaper with one of my favorite activities, flying the airship around! Check it out if you're interested. It's free, no ads or other crap:

https://market.android.com/details?i...d.ff6wallpaper

Only has the world of balance for now. Working on getting the world of ruin map and the falcon working. I used OpenGL to try to recreate the mode7 effect and used an additive gradient to simulate the horizon shine from the original. My only complaint is it looks a bit too sharp. I need to find a way to make it look more low-res.

Let me know what you think. I was thinking about making one emulating the intro (Terry, Vicks, and Wedge walking in mechs).

Blog Entries

This is actually really good. Might I suggest being able to adjust altitude?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    This is actually really good. Might I suggest being able to adjust altitude?
    Yeah, I actually have the graphics for climbing/diving already in place, I just need to figure out how to align the 3d ground plane with the sky and additive gradient planes. Once that's in place I'll issue an update.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Great...

Now I have to choose between my Amano Artwork of FFVI or this...
    Returners Represent!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge7 View Post
    Heh, I figure this would be more of a show off to your friends with iPhones type of background.

I've mostly implemented climbing and diving but find it to be a little disorienting. I'll probably make it more subtle than the game and have the option to turn it off.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

That is really cool. It is tough to compete with my Suikoden IV Rune of Punishment background for the long term, but I will have to download this.

Very cool. The tilt control is not functioning on my G2x. I really don't care much, cause this is awesome. Downloaded and +1'ed.

This is pretty cool, indeed. I can't get the airship to tilt or turn on my Galaxy S2, either though.
    Currently writing a massive prequel to FFVI. Starts thousands of years before the game begins with the birth of magic, and chronicles the entire history of the FFVI world. Check it out!

Final Fantasy VI - The Sands of Time

Quote Originally Posted by espritduo View Post
    This is pretty cool, indeed. I can't get the airship to tilt or turn on my Galaxy S2, either though.
    Hmm, someone with a galaxy tab reported a problem where it was always turning left. Are you guys have problems with it turning the wrong way or not turning at all? Did you make sure to set the steer method to tilt under the settings?

Quote Originally Posted by LunarRed View Post
    Did you make sure to set the steer method to tilt under the settings?
    Fix'd.

RTFMfail on my part.

Dude.... I think I just filled the cup.

Oh awesome, well that's one less thing to worry about, maybe. A guy post a comment on the market about it always turning left on his tablet. I think it's because the aspect ratio makes it always turned sideways, maybe. I'll make a tilt calibration tool I think just in case.

You can also set it to autopilot if you want it to turn randomly on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post
    Did you make sure to set the steer method to tilt under the settings?
    Fix'd.

RTFMfail on my part.

Dude.... I think I just filled the cup.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Wow, this is awesome.
    Figaro Castle

Dude, seriously. Tilt steering rocks! I am all pimping around the WoB in the blackjack, bringing back some of my best memories in life (Sorry kids).

I would say this is not the greatest thing ever, but my wrist hasn't been this excited since I learned how to lock my bedroom door.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edge7 View Post
    Heh, I figure this would be more of a show off to your friends with iPhones type of background.

I've mostly implemented climbing and diving but find it to be a little disorienting. I'll probably make it more subtle than the game and have the option to turn it off.
    I jest, I jest .
    Seriously, this is like the coolest thing ever!
    Also, I'm not asking for any favors, but it just occurred to me how kickass a World of Ruin version would be. That's just me thinking aloud though; the fact that you made the blackjack a wallpaper is great enough!
    Returners Represent!

Hah, I didn't even know there were settings. Problem solved, and now it's even cooler than ever.
    Currently writing a massive prequel to FFVI. Starts thousands of years before the game begins with the birth of magic, and chronicles the entire history of the FFVI world. Check it out!

Final Fantasy VI - The Sands of Time