Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NFL... Playoffs?!?

WOW, just wow. Tebow time lives on.

Round Two Revised Predictions:

(1) Pats defeat (4) Broncos - Tebow is an amazing story, but this isn't Hollywood. As bad as the Pats defense is, Brady is a better QB then Ben and he's fully healthy. I could definitely see this game being close and frankly, if the Broncos pull this out, then screw it, I'll pick them the rest of the way. Still: Pats 24-17 as Brady wins it on a march downfield with a TD to Gronk.

(2) Ravens defeat (3) Texans - I was wrong about the Texans. They looked great in beating up on the Bengals, and I expect this to be a smashmouth game with two good defenses and two great running backs. Neither QB inspires confidence, though I guess Flacco is slighty better. In the end, I still think the Ravens are slighty better offensively and that they will do enough to get to Yates. Give it to the Ravens 20-14.

(4) Giants defeat (1) Packers - I was really impressed with the Giants tonight. In all phases of the game they came through and their defense is actually looking very tough, which I would NEVER have believed a few weeks ago. However, the key to this game and for every game going forward is the running game. The best way to beat Rodgers is to keep him off the field and if the Giants can manage to keep the ball and score points against an average Packers defense, they can pull off the upset. Give me the Giants 31-28.

(3) Saints defeat (2) 49ers - Drew Brees really is amazing. I continue to be blown away by his consistency, his accuracy and the way the team seem to make plays for him when his throws are slighty off. The 49ers are a great defense, but their strength is stopping the run, which is not what the Saints want to do. I expect a lot of screens to the Saints RB's to compensate for a running game and I think in the end, the 49ers will need to score a lot of TD's, not settle for FG's, which will be their downfall. Saints 27-16.

Take care all. Maybe, just maybe, we're watching a miracle come true in Denver.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Must be a miracle. He threw for John316 yards.

The receivers (and D) won that game for the Broncos. Two of the biggest plays were throws that weren't very accurate but the receiver in each was either wide open because of an awesome move or made a good play on the ball and made the Steelers' secondary look pitiful in the open field. The Steelers played poorly for the most part and the Broncos had a few big plays, that's not going to continue to happen going deeper into the playoffs.

My picks are the same as Cap's except I've got the Pack beating the Giants. Yeah the Giants looked monstrous today, but to me it looked to be as much about Atlanta playing horrible as it did about the Giants playing well. I think the Giants can beat the Packers, I just don't think they will next week.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

New England over Denver
    Baltimore over Houston
    Green Bay over New York
    New Orleans over San Francisco

I think it will be another 3 boring games with the one interesting one being NY vs GB.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

New England
    Houston
    Green Bay
    San Francisco

I can see a few surprises next weekend.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

GO BEARS!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

My predictions (hey, I was banned the last couple of days):

New Orleans over San Francisco (looking iffier now)
    New England over Denver
    Green Bay over New York
    Baltimore over Houston

Going with all the favored teams this time. The Giants and 49ers were the only teams I would give a shot at winning. Though I did not expect the 49ers to be winning at half-time.

FFXIV Character

Wow, this turned out to be an awesome game.

I want to reiterate.

Wow.
    Last edited by chionos; 01-15-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This easily the best playoff game I've seen in the last few years. I'm half expecting a Brees hailmary pass for the win now.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Holy crap, what a crazy ending to a great game. I'm disappointed the Saints didn't pull it out, but they really dropped the ball defensively on that last possession. How many TDs was that in the last few minutes? Four?

If the 49ers can continue pressuring the quarterback as they did in this game, they will be tough to beat.

EDIT: Last second timeout? Oh, Harbaugh.

EDIT2: Ok, now over for real.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Without the turnovers the Saints would have had this in hand. I don't think Rogers will be doing the same thing.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Without the turnovers the Saints would have had this in hand. I don't think Rogers will be doing the same thing.
    Agreed. I also think the 9ers will have a harder time on offense against the Packers (or the Giants if they pull a miracle).

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Brilliant game, completely nuts in those last few minutes. As for SF's chances next weekend, they will find it tough if they're up against Green Bay (and I'd tip Green Bay myself in such a matchup), but as they say, defence wins championships.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Well this game sucks. 35-7 at halftime. At least I've been able to enjoy Tebow sucking.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Finally we see the real Teblow. His 15 minutes of fame is now at 14:55. If the Steelers had done the smart thing and rested their QB in Week 17 then we would be seeing a different team playing today.

This game is so bad I'm going to Petco instead of watching the second half. Enjoy your 70-14 loss, Denver.

Placing the blame solely on Tebow for this travesty of a game is just as bad as giving him all the credit for beating the Steelers. This is a total defensive meltdown for the Broncos.