Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NFL... Playoffs?!?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Nobody here said it is all Tebow's fault. The defense and offensive line have also been terrible. But the Broncos' defense has been at a severe disadvantage considering the Patriots' starting field position averages around midfield after multiple three-and-outs, and against a defense that made Rex Grossman look good. At least I can now go back to rooting for anyone-but-the-Patriots.

Good to see you here, Bunny!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Placing the blame solely on Tebow for this travesty of a game is just as bad as giving him all the credit for beating the Steelers. This is a total defensive meltdown for the Broncos.
    Well, that was the point. The Broncos defense is what got them to that point and it's what lost it for them. It was never blasted Teblow! He sucked then and he sucks now.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Well that just confirms it, New England really are Hell's team.

And are any away teams going to win in these playoffs?!
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 01-15-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Well, the Houston-Baltimore game was... close. That's about all that can be said about it. Two good defenses and two crappy quarterbacks made for some ugliness, and Flacco just managed to suck less. It probably helped that Jacoby Jones apparently bet his life savings on the Ravens this week and that Yates, well, is Yates.

Apparently Flacco whined recently that he wasn't getting enough credit for the Ravens' successes. He has a decent arm and, given sufficiently bad coverage, can have some really good games. But he folds under pressure and makes too many poor decisions, and I haven't seen that change any. Still, I hope like hell that he can turn it on against the Patriots.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Baltimore game was boring as expected. This next one should be explosive.

Good game so far, New York really should be further ahead as well. Eli Manning is capable of some real horror shows, but he's also a great clutch player sometimes. Still a long way to go though.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Well.
    This isn't really what I expected from this game.
    I knew the Giants' Defense would be a factor, but I forgot how bad the Packers' D was.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Between the Giants' defense and about three dozen drops and miscues, the Packers looked terrible. They should have even had one more fumble, but apparently the booth showed the ref tape from a different play, and it was ruled down-by-contact. It was a poor showing from a high-powered offense, despite Rodgers's valiant efforts at single-handedly saving the game (66 rushing yards).

I was rooting for the Saints, but I think I now have to root for the 49ers. How many people even had them making the playoffs this year?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I thought they'd make the playoffs (the niners) but I didn't think they'd play as well as they did against the Saints. I grew up a Bengals fan, so I have terrible memories of 49er Super Bowls in the 80's being gut wrenching and maddeningly exciting. Stupid Joe Montana. Part of me wants to see a NY/NE rematch, because it would be soooo satisfying to watch NE lose to NY again. I would also like to see the Ravens finally get one for their D. It's really sad how badly they've suffered at the QB position. Since 2000 when they won the Super Bowl they've dealt with Elvis Grbac (terrible), Kyle Boller(injured early), Anthony Wright (mediocre QB), Kyle Boller again (major post injury decline), Steve McNair (a troubled man, and past his prime), and now Joe Flacco, who is one of those QBs that goes on streaks where you think he's improving and turning into an A-list QB, but then the bottom falls out and he doesn't have what's needed to go all the way. The Ravens have had consistently good Defense for many many years. In 2000 it was even good enough to win a Super Bowl all by itself. I'd like to see them get there again.

That said, I'll be happy with a NE loss at some point.

Go Giants! Great performance there, hopefully they haven't used it all up in one game. I'm not sure who to predict yet between them and SF, but I think Baltimore will find it very tough against New England.

All you doubters, you are welcome to jump on the bandwagon now.

Championship Game Predictions:

AFC: (2) Ravens win a tight one over the (1) Pats - The Pats have a clear edge on offense but their defense is what makes this game so tight. If they had any semblance of one, I think they could win this but Baltimore's offense will be able to put up points and their D will force just enough turnovers from Brady that I think they'll pull it out late. Final: 27-24

NFC: (4) Giants over (2) 49ers. The 49ers were mighty impressive in pulling it out over the Saints, however, I don't think Alex Smith can play the same game twice. In order to hang with the Giants he'll need to continue playing at a high level and frankly, I'll take Eli Manning over just about any QB in the playoffs in crunch time. Also, here's a fun stat: Giants are 4-0 in Championship games. Make it 5-0. Giants win 31-21

That sets up a rematch of the Giants most bitter Super Bowl losses: against the Ravens. The revenge tour continues.

Take care all.

Baltimore's offense will put up points? Did you see them yesterday? Even against a defence like New England they'll have to pull their socks up big time next weekend.

Keep in mind who they were playing yesterday. The Texans have an excellent defense and they showed it. They could have won that game if they had a more experienced QB. It's really a shame that they made it to the playoffs without Schaub this year, because with him they could have definitely had a shot. The Pats defense is AWFUL and I fully expect the Ravens to have a much easier time scoring. Ray Rice is too good of a player to be held out of the endzone again. I figure Brady will put up plenty of points as well but I think the Ravens will be just physical enough to force some turnovers and that will be the deciding factor.

As a Giants fan, I can't possibly have asked for a better matchup going forward. The one team I know we couldn't beat would have been the Saints at home and not having to play them is huge.

I have been supremely impressed with the 49ers. They are extremely well coached and won't beat themselves. However, what it comes down to for me is that I believe in Eli Manning and don't believe Alex Smith can have the same game he had last week. I could be wrong but I don't think so yet. Now... if the 49ers ever got a top notch QB, they would be SCARY good. Paging Peyton Manning perhaps?

Take care all.

Blog Entries

I'm rooting for the 49ers all the way. when playoffs started they're who I wanted. I'd love to see another Harbaugh bowl

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Some unexpected outcomes in the NFC. Well I'm on board now. No way I'm picking against the local team. 49ers to win it all!