Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NFL... Playoffs?!?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Keep in mind who they were playing yesterday. The Texans have an excellent defense and they showed it. They could have won that game if they had a more experienced QB. It's really a shame that they made it to the playoffs without Schaub this year, because with him they could have definitely had a shot. The Pats defense is AWFUL and I fully expect the Ravens to have a much easier time scoring. Ray Rice is too good of a player to be held out of the endzone again. I figure Brady will put up plenty of points as well but I think the Ravens will be just physical enough to force some turnovers and that will be the deciding factor.

As a Giants fan, I can't possibly have asked for a better matchup going forward. The one team I know we couldn't beat would have been the Saints at home and not having to play them is huge.

I have been supremely impressed with the 49ers. They are extremely well coached and won't beat themselves. However, what it comes down to for me is that I believe in Eli Manning and don't believe Alex Smith can have the same game he had last week. I could be wrong but I don't think so yet. Now... if the 49ers ever got a top notch QB, they would be SCARY good. Paging Peyton Manning perhaps?

Take care all.
    Smith has shown some glimpses of greatness and having 7 OCs in 7 years doesn't help any QB. He needs stability. I think he'll end up being a decent QB and last weekends game can only boost his confidence and his teams confidence in him.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I suppose I should post my predictions to continue demonstrating how wrong I am:

Baltimore over New England
    New York over San Francisco

I have no idea about the Giants/9ers game, but I'm rooting for the 49ers, so the Giants pick is the consolation prize. I think the Ravens can play the Pats tough. The Pats haven't often faced such competition; their most comparable matchup was probably their regular season loss to the Steelers. A team with both a good defense and a competent, sustainable offense is a good recipe against the one-sided Patriots. Of course, Flacco and Cam Cameron could still smurf it all up like they both do on occasion, but I like the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Niners
    Ravens

Harbaugh Bowl! Won't be too exciting but that's how it works sometimes.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

New England and SF to win. The latter game to possibly go to OT.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Well that first game should have gone to OT! Baltimore will be kicking themselves when they look back on this. Really tense battle anyway.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

Goddamn Patriots

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, the kicker blew it big time. That should have been an easy field goal to make. Still, a pretty exciting game to watch. Glad I was able to watch the last quarter at least. Especially that back to back interceptions by both teams. Still disappointing that the kicker missed the field goal at the end.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Dammit, Ravens. You always know just how to let people down in terrible ways.

Anyway, goooo 9ers!

Blog Entries

Niners gotta pick it up on offense and keep Smith protected some on you guys can do it!

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I expected (and wanted) the Giants to win that game, but the way it ended was totally suckish. That fumble by Williams shouldn't have ended the game, the Niners' defense played too well for that. In the end though I'm excited about a Giants/Patriots Super Bowl. I want Eli to make Brady a sad panda again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

SF really dropped the ball in this one. For a team that didn't turn the ball over much at all during the season, a couple costly special teams fumbles did them in!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Del
    SF really dropped the ball in this one.
    Or kneed it, as the case may be. smurfing Kyle Williams. I don't know how much more bone-headed you can get than letting the ball hit your knee and then just watching it roll away. I know he didn't think it touched him, but if you're that close you might as well fall on the ball instead of giving up 5-10 more yards.

Between that and Cundiff's shank, there were two awful game finishes.

GOD DAMN HARBAUGHS

Can't spell elite without Eli.

Funny how the last game will come down to him and the fella he was compared to, Mr. Brady.

I expect this Super Bowl to be a bit more offensive, but in the end, the Giants D is better then the Pats D and they will pressure Brady just enough to keep him honest. The Giants are playing like a team possessed right now, clicking when they need to, making the third down plays and stopping the opponents on 3rd down as well.

I see it going down to the wire with Eli leading a 2:00 minute drill to win the game after Brady has coolly given his team the lead late: Giants 31-27 in a thriller of a SB.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Who compares Eli Manning with Tom Brady?