Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NFL... Playoffs?!?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Even more reason for Baltimore to feel awful today - I saw a stat that since the AFC and NFC were created in 1970, this is only the third time (and the first since the early 80s) that a team has won a championship game after losing the turnover count by two or more. So many missed opportunities. And though the missed FG was an awful kick, Baltimore made a real hash of it all round, they rushed to take it when they didn't need to and why didn't they use the last timeout?

As for New York, Manning made some great third down conversions in that game. But those two turnovers really swung it. Anyway, go New York! Never would have seen them getting this far after that abject loss to Washington in December.

And as has been joked about online already with Baltimore's missed FG, the laces weren't out! It's Ray Finkle!
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 01-23-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

I hate the Giants and I REALLY hate the Patriots. wtf this superbowl sucks

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I agree that this super bowl sucks. I would have much rather had the 9ers and Ravens in it. But as good as their defenses are they have some pretty pedestrian QBs that just can't get the job done. Flacco and Smith have both been in the league long enough and have shown exactly what they are capable of. I will agree with Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force when he said.

Joe Flacco has gone from a green eyed rookie that can't throw the long ball to a Steeley eyed veteran who still can't throw the long ball.

Both games this weekend ended in the one way I utterly despise a team winning. Because of bad special teams play. I have no problem if they block a punt/field goal...that is AWESOME special teams play. Even forcing a fumble is awesome (I don't consider that why the giants won). Missing a 32 yard field goal and letting the ball touch you on a punt and not even attempting to recover it are both massive screw ups. Once again more teams lost the game than won the game.

This Superbowl sucks? Maybe if you hate both teams (in which case more fool you), but if it's half as exciting as the Giants v Patriots game four years ago it'll be great to watch anyway.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Who compares Eli Manning with Tom Brady?
    Eli did. Before the season started the internet went crazy when on a radio show they asked him if he felt he was in Tom Brady's class and he said yes. I can understand why everyone was upset, given the 25-pick season last year, but he definitely went on to back it up, especially in these last few games. So it's kind of ironic that that's how his season started and now he's going back to the Super Bowl to play Brady, at the stadium his brother's found glory on. As a NY fan this couldn't be any bigger for me, although I did want the Ravens to get the AFC Championship and I kinda feel like they should have.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    This Superbowl sucks? Maybe if you hate both teams (in which case more fool you), but if it's half as exciting as the Giants v Patriots game four years ago it'll be great to watch anyway.
    I live in New England full of Pats and Giants fans. Either way I'm going to hear about this for the next 9 months. I hate both teams very much and don't want to se either one win a super bowl.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Y'all can complain but living in Boston will make this matchup include one hell of a superbowl party.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I live in New England full of Pats and Giants fans. Either way I'm going to hear about this for the next 9 months. I hate both teams very much and don't want to se either one win a super bowl.
    Hard luck then =P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always look forward to the Superbowl. I'm not a massive follower during the regular season (I'm more of a baseball fan) but I can't miss the biggest sporting event on the planet! Go New York!

Is it true that Madonna's playing the half-time show? What a smurfing letdown.

Still, can't be worse than the Black Eyed Peas.

Blog Entries

for real

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Still, can't be worse than the Black Eyed Peas.
    amen

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think the game will be good. Really any combination of the last four teams would have been a good matchup.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

I think it'll be a good game, I just hate seeing either team win

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think the Giants will pull out the upset and steal another Super Bowl from NE. They have the better defense and running game. But afterwards I better not hear how Eli is a better QB than Peyton because he has more rings. That's a really dumb way to compare individual players. He's not better than Brady either. One person does not a title make.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum