How do you feel about the NFL playoffs? Who's going to the Super Bowl? The Captain posted his playoff predictions in the EoFF Fantasy Football league page, but since that's over with I figured I would post it here for people to comment on, as it is fairly detailed and well thought-out and we can make fun of his blatant Giants homerism.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n
With the regular season ending in spectacular fashion, it's time for some playoff football predictions!

In the AFC:

(6) Bengals defeat the (3) Texans - The Texans are banged up and haven't played really well the last few weeks. The Bengals, are young, feisty and have nothing to lose. I like them to pull out a tight one. Final: 24-14, Bengals.

(5) Steelers defeat the (4) Broncos - Tebow time is over as the Steelers run rough-shot over them, setting up a tasty second round matchup against their hated rivals, the Ravens. Final: 31-10, Steelers.

(1) Pats defeat the (6) Bengals - As bad as the New England defense is, Brady will prove just too much here. Final: 31-21, New England.

(2) Ravens defeat the (4) Steelers - In a classic, smash-mouth game, I think the Ravens pull it out. With Big Ben not at 100%, I like Baltimore to dictate play with Ray Rice. Final: 17-14, Ravens

(2) Ravens defeat (1) Pats - Brady can't mask his defense forever and Baltimore on the other hand plays excellent D, to pull out a tight game. Final: 24-21, Ravens

In the NFC:

(3) New Orleans defeat (6) Lions - What a tasty offensive matchup!! I expect both teams to explode for big plays, lots of TD's and make this a game to really love. In the end though, the Saints have been unreal at home and Brees is playing out of his mind right now. Final: 42-34, New Orleans.

(4) Giants defeat (5) Falcons - The Giants are looking like a scary matchup now, with a dominate pass-rush and Eli Manning playing at an MVP level. I like them to knock around Matt Ryan and Victor Cruz to do more dancing. Final: 28-20, Giants.

(4) Giants defeat (1) Green Bay - UPSET ALERT! The Giants gave Green Bay all it could handle a few weeks ago and if anything, they've only improved as a team. Rodgers will be very tough to beat but I feel a reverse of what happened during the season plays out here, this time Manning leading the Giants down for a game winning FG. Final: 31-28, Giants.

(3) New Orleans defeat (2) San Francisco - An amazing season for the 49ers ends suddenly as the biggest edge of the game: Brees versus Alex Smith rears its head. Final: 27-14, Saints.

(3) New Orleans defeat (4) New York - Drew Brees is just incredible. As amazing as Aaron Rodgers has been, I think Brees may have edged him out this season for best QB play. He may not win MVP, but he is the best QB in the game. At home, the Saints are scary good and the Giants attempt to recapture 2007 comes up valiantly short. Final: 38-30, Saints.

Which sets up:

New Orleans over Baltimore in the Super Bowl. Brees caps a magical season by winning his second Super Bowl MVP and his team does just enough on defense to keep Baltimore at bay. Final: 24-17, Saints.

Looking forward to it!

And an interesting footnote about the season we just watched: Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Matt Stafford and Eli Manning threw for 4 of the 6 highest passing totals OF ALL TIME this season. The NFL is a passing league, accept it and enjoy.

Take care all.
Eli Manning playing at an MVP level where he finished behind Tony Romo in basically every statistical category except for yardage, and finished the season with 2 bad games out of the last 3 (passer ratings of 45, 61, and 136)? He arguably shouldn't have even made it to the Pro Bowl over Matt Stafford.

Other than that, I agree with Cap'n that the two top seeds (Patriots and Packers) are vulnerable in the playoffs. I think whoever wins the inevitable Baltimore/Pittsburgh rematch (probably Baltimore with Roethlisberger maybe not 100%) will beat New England and their terrible, terrible defense. And I think the Giants and Saints could beat the Packers, though the Saints are a bit suspect on the road.

I will, of course, be cheering for whatever team is playing the Patriots. Go everyone else!