Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The New X-Com by Firaxis Hype Thread

Also worth pointing out, according to Game Informer, Take-Two Entertainment has issued a statement that XCOM is officially a commercial (and critical) success, and will be seeing additional support beyond their planned DLCs for this year.

Considering Take-Two's last statement on the subject, back when they were still defending 2K Marin's shooter XCOM, I just have to say:

HA!

Actually, the shooter didn't look too bad, it just definitely wasn't XCOM. Which makes sense, as it was developed as an entirely separate title and only got the XCOM name slapped on it later in the development cycle, by some idiot who figured they could cash in on the name and basically torpedoed the entire project.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

I feel embarrassed.

You see in 30+ soldiers this playthrough I have only gotten 6 females(3 of which are snipers). 1 of which is from the newest batch. My first three were Sniper, Assault, Sniper. The other two came much later. However, I never realized a simple fact about my fist two snipers. For some reason I kept mixing them up. I just figured it was because they were both medium-dark skin with dark hair. It never clicked until the third month that they had the SAME last name. Apparently I got a pair of sniping twin-sisters! NIX and Snake Eyes are probably my two most valuable team members this time round! They are from different nations though. . . so maybe just cousins?

However, I am such a great commander! I clearly take a very personal interest in my soldiers and do not view them as simple nameless pawns to throw at the aliens. . . once they are majors/colonels!

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

When trying to set up a good startup with Ironman / Classic, I once had my entire starter group as females. I got that achievement without even trying.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Grimoire of the Sages ShunNakamura's Avatar

I think my assault is going to hate me after this terror mission! Though I say it is her own dratted fault for not emptying her alloy cannon at them(not one close combat reaction shot. . . she could have at least took out the Chrysallid)!

And before you ask, I did have more of a front line up that way, but that friggin' robot kept blasting people. Plus, the only thing there when I ended my turn was the Robot and one drone(and the Muton she finished off). Everything else moved in from the fog. Didn't even realize that many aliens were active.

I think running awa . . . I mean a tactical retreat is in order!

Edit- Well crud, she is one tough lady!

You see right, my assault got out injury free. My sniper, one of my Heavies, and one of my Supports though took some injuries. Friggin' robot hit both the heavy and the sniper through smoke nades + high cover + ghost armor(well sniper was technically in low cover, but they have high profile). The injured support was also one of the front line that was forced to retreat. Also hit through high cover plus nade plus ghost armor.
    Last edited by ShunNakamura; 11-08-2012 at 03:33 PM.

STILL Updating the anime list. . . I didn't think I was that much of an anime freak! I don't even want to consider updating the manga list!