Thread: +Difficulty ROM

Default +Difficulty ROM

Does anyone know of a good increased difficulty ROM? Looking for something pretty challenging without any story/dialog changes (unless it's really good).

Blog Entries

I remember one which made the magitek weaker at the begining amongst other changes and had an extra scene added with Gau, Sabin and Cyan on a boat ride but I cant recall the name of the hack.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

i90east made one years ago. I found the thread discussing the last version he released, http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...-released.html, but it looks like the site he was hosting the patch on doesn't exist anymore.

EDIT: Aha! I found the patch file on my computer for version 2. You can apply the patch to a FFIII SNES rom and you should be good to go. Unfortunately, because it is of an .ips file type, I can't attach it to the post. If anyone is interested in the patch, send me a message.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    i90east made one years ago. I found the thread discussing the last version he released, http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...-released.html, but it looks like the site he was hosting the patch on doesn't exist anymore.

EDIT: Aha! I found the patch file on my computer for version 2. You can apply the patch to a FFIII SNES rom and you should be good to go. Unfortunately, because it is of an .ips file type, I can't attach it to the post. If anyone is interested in the patch, send me a message.
    I found an ips file last night that's pretty tough. I died three times on whelk because he autokills your party if you hit his shell and he ducks in and out much faster. Even common early enemies are using net and poison (before you even see an antidote, evil). It's called Final Fantasy VI Hardtype.

I dunno if it's what you're looking for, but you might try my hack, Stand Guard, which is available here. It polishes the story without adding anything or taking anything out, and there are a couple of interesting challenges as well, but I don't want to spoil anything for you.