Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm surprised so many people hate this song...

Off topic, but I love Miz. XD

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I like Cher Lloyd.

Banned
    Blog Entries

If those lyrics reach you on an emotional level then you should consider removing your testicles with pliers and then beating yourself to death with your sagging, bleeding and disembodied sack.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demondude View Post
    If those lyrics reach you on an emotional level then you should consider removing your testicles with pliers and then beating yourself to death with your sagging, bleeding and disembodied sack.
    I'm getting mixed signals here.

It's more what they REMIND me of, that reaches me, it's hard to explain - like when something was playing during an important moment (this wasn't, but hopefully you undrtdstand) what I took the lyrics to mean meant something to me, not the lyrics themselves. Also I tend to be naturally drawn towards samples, as I love them so much - so that kind of reaches me for personal reasons. I tend to like music so much, that takes a lot for a song to be so bad I hate it - like when you're such a huge fan (not fanboy, there's a difference) of a particular TV Series, that it takes a seriously bad episode for you to hate - most of the time the worst you do is dislike an episode. Most of the songs I don't like, are either ones, I don't care about, or dislike. I have to think about songs for a long time, to recall ones I actually hate, even though they do exist.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Same thing here man

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lceglow View Post
    Same thing here man
    Thanks

I find the beat annoying, the vocals poor, the lyrics absurd, and the theme stupid and pointless. Even forgetting everything the song is trying to say, it doesn't sound good. Heck, it's almost painful to listen to. And then top it off with lyrics that are disjointed, incorrect, and rude, and the song has practically no redeeming value.

Why am I hating on it? Because you linked it to me. I listened to it for a sec because I also have music tastes outside the norm and I can put up with a lot of stupid lyrics for a pretty piece of music, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known it existed, and certainly wouldn't have sought it out and commented on it.

The haters exist for a reason, and part of that reason is you. You like the song. I understand that, I respect it. You share it with others. Also ok. But if the others you share it with don't like it, and say they don't like it, you have no one to blame but yourself. Why should haters go looking for things to hate when it is outright presented to them? And they have just as much a right to defend their opinions as you have to defend yours.

I'm not saying that the internet is not filled with trolls and idiots, but when a song is almost universally hated, it is usually because, well, people don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker
    However, I do have a song that I feel prevays the message of listening to the things you like, even if other people disagree.
    I have a better one: Guilty Pleasures, by the Nostalgia Critic
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Skyblade. I don't mind people hating the song, may main goal was to find out why it was so publically hated, which I've found now. I'll still like the song because of the reasons I explained, but if you hate it, that's fine.

I have no problem with people simply stating their opinion like you are - I asked you, and you answered, that's fine. If I was asked about something I hated I'd say. The problem is the actual troll haters, who have to constantly hunt the fans down just to make a point, you're fine.

I love that review. XD

Though a song about guilty pleasures isn't quite the same thing.

And Pretense was the best one on that list.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It being a guilty pleasure doesn't even defend how bad Swagger Jagger is But at the same time I don't lose sleep over people liking things as bad as Cher Lloyd's music but I do often considering saying a few prayers for them, & I'm not even religious