Thread: Contact lenses

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Default Contact lenses

I want to get them. Not for a while, what with college tuition and badly needed repairs on my car I can't really afford an eye exam, but sometime before 2013. So I want to hear about EoFFers experiences with contacts. Happy stories, horror stories, everything!

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love my contacts, I hope I never have to go back to glasses...
    The first few weeks takes a LOT of getting used to, but once you get it down it's well worth it. Well, it was to me at least.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I had some irritation and it wasn't working out, so back to glasses I want to get lazerd tho. Pew pew!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've thought about the laser surgery, but because it's such a new technology there's no way of studying the very long-term effects. Maybe there will be an increase in blindness in the next thirty years!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I wore contacts for a while. It took me a bit to get used to putting them in my eye but it wasn't so bad once I got used to it.

There are a lot of plus sides and negatives sides to contacts in my opinion. The plus sides are that you don't have to worry about getting glasses dirty and such. The negative side, for me anyway, is that if they're in for too long they make your eyes sticky. Your mileage may vary though. I'm currently just going with glasses, though. Less maintenance.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've worn glasses since I was 8 years old so as you can imagine I jumped at the chance to try contact lens. The verdict? I hated them! I could never get used to taking them out of my eyes & putting them in was usual a battle. Kind of a pity really, I wore them out one night & get hit on like 5 times

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I use to wear glasses since I was fourteen. I just started wearing contact lenses last summer and at first it took me a while to get over the grossness of touching my eyeball. If you wash your hands and then use paper towel to wipe them it's really not that bad. It especially feels okay if it's lukewarm water, but feels weird with cold water. You get use to putting it end and taking them out. Just be sure you don't poke your eye when taking them out. There is a certain way you have to grip it from the side and hold your eye open.

They make day to day things better because no glares when playing video games or driving. No friggin' smudges. Hate smudges and if you ever intend on doing anything athletic it's obviously better with contacts. The only issue so far was being in the subway or just in humid conditions in general they get dry and itchy which can easily be resolved with a small container of eye drops. Another issue is when it rains, if you're out there without a hood or umbrella your eyes will burn ALOT.

Blog Entries

Had them for about three months, but then I had to eventually drop them. My eyes just couldn't handle them, and what is the use of being able to see, if you scare away people with bloody red eyes?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Humidity? Oh boy. My city is in the top ten humid cities in the US. I want to be able to wear sunglasses. My options are:

• Super tacky clip-ons/hang-ons that probably don't even fit my frames
    • Wear them over my glasses like I do 3D glasses; very uncomfortable
    • Invest in one every expensive prescription pair and be stuck with that one pair
    • Don't wear glasses, I can have eight million pairs of cheap sunglasses that all fit comfortably on my face!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The expensive prescription pair is actually a good option because then you can get correct sunglasses with proper UV. I find that alot of sunglasses you can get for cheap don't actually really block the sun's rays. Lens Crafters has sales alot I think over the summer it was 50 percent off all frames.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love my contacts. They're so much more convenient than wearing glasses, especially during the summer when I lifeguard. It's also great not having a limited field of clear vision and I can wear any kind of sunglasses I want.

I wear monthly lenses and if I wear them for too long toward the end of their life they tend to get dry and feel uncomfortable, but that's about the only bad thing about them.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been wearing them for almost 10 years now, I love them. No regrets. Just make sure you carry your glasses on you in your bag or your car, just in case a contact ever falls out or gets dirt in it. Not common (only happened once, really), but it can happen.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just remembered one horror story that happened quite a while ago. Within the first few weeks of me wearing contacts, I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but one of my contacts managed to roll up behind my top eyelid. It took some careful maneuvering and sticking my finger well beyond my comfort zone to get it back.

You should totally still get contacts though, because they're awesome.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I just remembered one horror story that happened quite a while ago. Within the first few weeks of me wearing contacts, I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but one of my contacts managed to roll up behind my top eyelid. It took some careful maneuvering and sticking my finger well beyond my comfort zone to get it back.
    Oh man that happened to me once too D:

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Oooohhh I saw that happen to a guy once when I was in high school and it looked so painful omg ew ew ew