Thread: S-E trademarks "Final Fantasy Dimensions" in US/EU

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default S-E trademarks "Final Fantasy Dimensions" in US/EU

Square-Enix trademarks Final Fantasy Dimensions | GoNintendo - What are YOU waiting for?Maybe my secret wish to have a party of Kain, Farris, Bartz, and Sabin explore the world of Final Fantasy III...?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Is this a sequel to Chrono Break?
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Could be the western name for the FF Rythm game they're making.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

Final Fantasy takes a magic school bus ride into the abstractions that occur when people cross inbetween dimensions.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    That's a good point. Hadn't thought of that. It would fit the game, and alleviate
    the game from it's cumbersome (dumb) current name.

Boo! I wanted this to be a brand new traditional FF game that mixes up the characters from the various titles into one awesome epic story. :/

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bastian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    That's a good point. Hadn't thought of that. It would fit the game, and alleviate
    the game from it's cumbersome (dumb) current name.

Boo! I wanted this to be a brand new traditional FF game that mixes up the characters from the various titles into one awesome epic story. :/
    Well there are two thoughts on that Bastian.

1. Final Fantasy X [so X-2 also], and 7 [and all its spin-offs] occur in the same universe so with some time traveling that is semi-realistic.

2. If you want to go more sci-fi, all of the fabula nova crystallis (at this point it should be retitled, the lame taking forever crystal games) is supposed to have a unified mythos. So using that they could be occurring in parallel universes and let them traverse the 11th (brane) dimension.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Bastian View Post
    I believe the purpose of the Dissidia series was to allow them to use characters from multiple games in a single story. It doesn't seem like there are any plans to create a traditional role-playing game with characters from across the franchise.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Probably a 3DS game (dimensions in the title) and because of that, probably theatrhythm (agree with Bastian, it's a horrible name).

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Theatrhythm looks like it could be a fun casual iPhone app or something, but I really would rather have something more "hardcore" for a 3DS game. I mean, I guess that's what Bravery Default is, but "Final Fantasy Dimensions" and hearing it was probably for the 3DS made me all kinds of excited because I imagined something much more traditional than Theatrhythm.

I mean, for those who've played Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, it seems to be a fact that the planets that FF 1-6 take place on are all in the same universe. So it would be interesting to see a game that takes place on a completely new planet or something that draws in characters from those aforementioned games all to combat some huge universe crushing evil. Or something.

Knowing that it's probably just a much better name for Theatrhythm is irksome.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Maybe if they didn't have so many sideprojects going on their games would turn out better.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Theatrhythm looks like it'll be pretty cool, but I think that'll depend on what kind of RPG elements it has. If I have the opportunity to gradually progress characters through stat-gaining and/or equipment-gaining then I'm all for it. I'm fine if it is the western name for this game, though.

I don't really know how they divide their development team resources, but I'd rather just see them focus on other IP for smaller titles and leave Final Fantasy to bigger titles like Versus, XIV 2.0 and XV. That's just me though.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I've always wanted them to make an FF game in the vein of Kingdom Hearts where all the different universes are combined together somehow. Dissidia kind of already did that though, from what I understand at least (I've never played them).
    I like Kung-Fu.