Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition Giveaway! - Congrats DMKA!

Final Fantasy X, when I tore my ACL and was stuck in the house one of my friends lent me this. Hundreds of hours later I'd finally found all the secrets and I was hooked on FF.

Default Haiku of FF8

By far VIII is the one for me
    It's graphics are odd
    yet I love it more than the rest!

Second verse!

The characters are nice enough
    The music is grand
    Balamb Garden is my home.

And a third, why not?

Granted, The story is messed up
    think of it like time-travel
    Or just think of it as bad luck

Final Fantasy X would be my love
    Battle system is perfect
    Its story is fine too

Fantasy seven,
    Chocobo racing event,
    Breeding also fun.

Default Favorite FF

I had the most fun playing Final Fantasy 10-2. Call me weird for loving the dress up simulator, but I liked it. Here's hoping 13-2 is another great sequel.

Ten is my choice
    Blitzball bought me fully
    Story is good as well

It's fun to write in haiku, lol
    "I am the dark at the end of everything. The end of universes, gods, worlds... of everything. What will you be then, Dreamlord? - I am Hope"

My favourite, it's a tough choice as I love every one I've played, probably IX because it's the only one that ever compelled me to write a short fan fic about it, which I then used for school work...

For anyone interested I was watching DBZ & GT at the time and it was a crossover I'm sure you can see where it went.

IV's the best one
    Sephiroth is the leather
    Daddy of heaven
    Veni, veni, venias, Ne me mori facias, Gloriosa, Generosa (Come come oh, come, Don't let me die, Glorious, Noble).

Final Fantasy IV, just because how much Cecil and Kain change through the game.

Final Fantasy VIII because the gunblade appears.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Happy 2012! To get the new year started off right, Eyes on Final Fantasy will be giving away a copy of the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition to one lucky member. The English release of FFXIII-2 is right around the corner (January 31) and many of us are very excited to get our hands on it. One of you will be doing so for free! Along with the game, the Collector's Edition comes with special digipack packaging, the 4-disc Official Soundtrack, and a concept art book.

Entering is simple. To enter, post in this thread telling us what your favorite Final Fantasy game is and why. Keep it short, 1 to 2 sentences, or preferably, in a haiku! Don't worry, your entry won't be judged and all entrants have an equal chance of winning. On February 3rd we will hold a random drawing to determine the lucky winner. We will then ask you for your XBOX360/Playstation 3 preference. Only one entry per member please. And no second accounts, we'll be able to tell. Sadly, staff aren't eligible , but I pre-ordered my copy anyway.

Good luck to all of you!

difficult this choice are several that I like I'll post the most played: FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY XII IZJS ae these for my ps3 makes me aside and go back to the ps2, because there will never be better than this .....

Default Final Fantasy xery

I'd have to say that Final Fantasy X is my all-time favorite. It was the first video game I played on my own. I fell in love with the characters and how they changed from the first moment of the game to the very end. It packed an emotional punch that stayed with me. <3

The Dragon Lord

Default What is your "favorite" Final Fantasy game? Why?

Very hard question. It's a solid four way tie. [AM I disqualified? O.o]

Final Fantasy I was the first game in the series I played. My cousin introduced me to Final Fantasy by showing me the game back in 1993/1994. Shortly there after I began playing on my own--he left me his NES and the maps and manual (somehow got lost in my parents second move). For nostalgic reasons, this game is no. 1 It introduced the hyperbolic irony that was to be "Final" Fantasy as it's creators honestly thought it would be their last game before the company folded. The music from I, II and V are still my favorites.

Final Fantasy IV was the first game in the series I played on my own (along with Final Fantasy VI). They were part of my first foray into gaming--I rented Final Fantasy II (US), Final Fantasy III (US) and Secret of Mana (US)--each for SNES. It was by this point I had fully comprehended the vast importance of these games and became obsessed with all things Final Fantasy.

Then came Final Fantasy VII. I won't say that VII beats the storyline for VI, because that would be mere hyperbole. No one can say definitively, which is better. VI had the villain who you could not understand--who just felt evil--and who you just wanted to kill--it was the Opus Epic for the Final Fantasy Series. It even had an Opera specifically made for the game--a very good Opera! (as Operas go)--and has left many fans claiming for it to be awarded the prized claim "best in series". But, Final Fantasy VII did accomplish one thing no Final Fantasy game has before or since accomplish--made the series known. It was the only reason I got a PSX. When I saw that TV ad for Final Fantasy VII, I had to have it, NOW! The game had depth and great character development (just as VI had), but the characters were unique--they broke with the series's predecessors. Up until Final Fantasy VII all the games were either pure fantasy or fantasy/steampunk. Final Fantasy VII brought the Cyberpunk modern era into the fold and created a real modern era science fiction love story epic. Gasp! Long! It even mixed in tragedy in a way, previous games have not!

Final Fantasy VI on the other hand took an evil Empire vs. an evil Corporation. Final Fantasy VI was a story about how revolutionaries can save the world from and evil Roman Empire plus magic and crazy ass techno-steam punk powers! Final Fantasy VII landed far closer to home--corporatocracy: When civilization and society sell out to Corporate Japan, and the world is left in their hands, to do so as they please. Governments fall, and Shinra Electrical Power Company steps in to "save" humanity from itself--or so they claim.

Sorry for my length, but I really could not choose any one game to be my favorite. I didn't even mention another personal favorite Final Fantasy V. Choosing is just so damn HARD!

ff13 cuz its the only one i played!

Well i have tried almost every single Final fantasy ever made, but im gonna say that FFVII is the best because of 2 reasons.

1. its the first FF game and first game i've ever played.
    2. its got the best story of them all and that game revolutionized the JRPG genre world wide.

Nuff said.