FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Unhappy WoW Nostalgia Thread for Us Non-WotLK/Cata Babies

That feel when mounts at 40 and 60.

That feel when people summoned the giants in Alterac Valley.

That feel when getting attuned for Molten Core or Karazhan or Heroics.

That feel when you got your first epic.

That feel when you went through the Dark Portal for the first time.

That feel when you went to Stormwind for the first time and the music swelled as you walked through the gate.

That feel when you flew over Burning Steppes/Searing Gorge and you wondered when those giant spiders and monsters down there would ever not be level ?? to you.

Let's discuss these feels and more, EoFF.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That feel when you can't find Mankrik's wife.

That feel when you're wandering around some less-commonly traveled lands, like leveling in Desolace or Stonetalon Mountains or something.

That feel when you dream about WoW and there's a new vendor in Teldrassil called Abronie.

That feel when you know a thread full of feels will make you resub.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

The feeling of how awesome world PvP was before Battlegrounds reduced it to simple ganking.

The feeling of not knowing something and not having the information readily available at your fingertips.

The feeling of running instances where every encounter was chaos and you had to constantly improvise instead of having everything run like clockwork. Back when tanks simply didn't have the abilities available to tank a large number of targets and had to pick/juggle agro.

The feeling of spending an entire night having fun in a way that didn't improve your character
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

That feel when you get 24 retards on lfr pug and wipe non-stop...
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    That feel when you get 24 retards on lfr pug and wipe non-stop...
    Hey now, this thread is about WoW before there were 25-man raids! (Or at least back when sane people certainly didn't pug them!)

That feel when you actually had to know what you were doing to chain-trap as crowd control as a hunter.

That feel when running around and taming and releasing pets in order to teach yours new skills.

Unfortunately, not a lot of nostalgia left here for me. There's no need for it. If I missed it and loved it about WoW, it's in SWTOR.

And for all of WoW's good nostalgia, it had a ton of bad memories too. So I say, let it rest in peace.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It does have bad memories. But this thread is for Good Nostalgia Feels.

So ya'll best start posting some more Vanilla/BC feels.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That feel when you're derping around in Wetlands at level 31 or something and suddenly out of nowhere at all you get your first world dropped blue.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That feel when you rolled a night elf and have to walk through Wetlands at level five to get to Ironforge

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

That feeling when you were just trallalalaing in leveling at Southshore and BAM out of no where an entire horde army comes to wipe you out from tarren mill. Ahh the good old days of world PvP.

Making demon slaying potions for your Hunter best friend as you all crowd around seemingly eating popcorn as they try to defeat their demons for that wickedly awesome bow.

Having Drunken MC runs because you had that trout on farm before most guilds knew what vent was.

Attempting Naxx when it first came around. trout was hard. We didn't get anywhere.

Oh when they were going to release WoTLK and the zombie infection. And you were helping some lowbies with Kara but you thought it was hilarious to get infected and run down there and explode on all the horde and alliance waiting outside. Heh

Flying before everyone else cause you were a badass drood.

Hangin around Arch Douche Staghelm just because he said funny things about Tyrande. I knew he was collecting that morrowgrain for something nefarious!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Hey now, this thread is about WoW before there were 25-man raids! (Or at least back when sane people certainly didn't pug them!)
    I remember when people used to zerg stuff like UBRS with 25 people. Back when you could bring 40 people into any instance in the game.

- The feel of being part of a massive guild with multiple 40 man raiding teams.

- The feeling of having a blue being something to be proud of

- The feeling of finally getting a mount and being able to outrun people trying to kill you
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Blog Entries

that feeling of getting sick of finding ten of this and ten of that or run here and wait while the boss respawns.
    Last edited by escobert; 01-25-2012 at 04:31 AM.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

That feel of having to build a reputation with the actual players on your server because there was no q'ing for dungeons and 14 other warriors were also waiting outside to go to Stratholme.

I guess just that awe filled experience when I first logged on during open beta and at release was pretty great. Then it was just the friends I met along the way. I did play towards the start of last year when Cataclysm came out, and again it was all the friends I met that really made the game.

I think the social aspect of an MMO really does it for me, and leaves me with that nostalgic feeling.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

When you had Windsor walk into Stormwind during a Horde attack on Anduin, only to watch their delight turn to horror as Onyxia spawned in the middle of their raid and the entire place suddenly became a slaughterfest.

One of the few truly awesome memories I have left of WoW.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.