Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One time I met a celebrity and they pimp slapped me

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default One time I met a celebrity and they pimp slapped me

This isn't just a "I met X celebrity" thread. It's an opportunity for you to discuss any experiences you've had with any famous person (B list celebrities count too). Were they nice? Were they mean? Did they pimp slap you?

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

this one time i walked past LIGHTS on some stairs and i kind of froze up and just stared at her as she walked by. her entourage gave me an evil look though, like 'don't you look at her, plebe'.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo

Somewhere I've got a picture of eight-year-old-me with George Takei.

I've also seen Dennis Quaid at Costco and Margot Kidder at Target. In fact, that was back when I worked at Target and she went through my line.

I regret to report, though, that I have never been pimp-slapped by a celebrity.
    Last edited by Pike; 01-25-2012 at 03:46 AM.

When I was in LA, a few of my friends and I went to a comedy club that Bill Burr randomly showed up to. The girlfriend of one of my friends was on her phone almost the entire time and Burr called her out on it. She told him that she was selling a car and he said "okay" and continued on with his set. Then she kept typing away and folding napkins so he started freaking out and getting angry. She was foreign and didn't really understand all that he was saying so my friend started translating for her. Burr freaked out at him and then he adopted a Russian accent and started saying things in Russian to Burr. Burr said "Oh smurf. Now I'm the asshole making fun of foreigners" and then finished his set.

Afterwards we talked to him and he was pretty cool. Gave the girl a hug and a shirt, my friend and I got a handshake and then he left.

That is my only celebrity story.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I met Trevor Moore from whitest kids you know? He gave me a hug, got a picture with me and then complained about how one of the guys wouldn't shut up about not being able to raid on WoW.

Also, briefly Felica Day but it was at blizzcon and she was very distracted. So that wasn't that cool. I can't blame her though, she's like nerd goddess. And I was not a horny nerd boy so I guess I wasn't pushy enough.

Blog Entries

I met Louie C.K. at a Pizza Hut here in San Antonio. We talked for a bit, had a few laughs. That was about it.
    I met John Travolta on chatroulette once, too. He was trolling people to gauge their reactions. He annoyed me.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    this one time i walked past LIGHTS on some stairs and i kind of froze up and just stared at her as she walked by. her entourage gave me an evil look though, like 'don't you look at her, plebe'.
    WAS GOOD FOR YOU!? I'm pretty smurfin' jealous right now.

I gave Warren Moon a high five once. I also sat about three rows away from the wonderful Anthony Daniels during Star Wars in concert.

Does anyone remember that dude Gordon from Sesame Street? Met the crap out of that guy.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

she's so short in real life, i had to do a double take
    then i like squealed to some people nearby and asked if they saw her and they looked at me like im crazy

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I met Maddox at his book signing and I was one of the few people he didn't make fun of because he liked my Pantera shirt. And then he remembered me when I went to Comic-Con the following year.

I've met a number of celebrities, but none of them really come with any interesting stories.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I sank a few drinks with Lost Prophets once after a gig of theirs. That was pretty cool they paid for my cab home too since I was stranded by my friends who didn't get in to the green room of the venue. Even better I hadn't even been to their gig that night but there was a club in the same building as the venue and I got lost!

I also flirted a little with Annie Lennox after squeezing past her in a door frame to put an important note on my bosses desk before I left work for the day. I didn't realize she was using my managers office to prep for her PA and to get ready to leave, I squeezed past her and then kinda semi realized by the look of angry HMV head office pr people who it was and was like "Sorry, Annie I genuinely didn't realize it was you there then!" she laughed it off saying it's not every day she gets squeezed in to a door frame with young men. I responded with a pun about the company slogan of "get closer" and made her laugh. I got a hug from Annie for that the relief on the faces of the HMV head office people was visible.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I usually stay away from celebrities when I see them, which isn't often, but growing up in California it happens from time to time. Pauly Shore is very nice; he gave me a hug. So is Craig Robinson. James Caan always seemed nice to me but I only knew him in relation to his mother, who I adored growing up (she was friends with my Nana; they lived in the same building).

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    I don't get it. I've walked past lights on stairs thousands of times and never froze up... I've never noticed them having any entourage either.

I remember being slightly intimidated by the red lights in that bondage night club I visited once... but that's it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, celebrity story. My biggest thrill was serving Paul Scholes many years ago when I used to work at Macdonalds. He ordered a quarter-pounder with cheese meal which I'm pretty sure was not approved by his club's medical staff...

For those of you following the 'American Rugby' NFL threads, Paul Scholes plays real football for Manchester United... and is a legend.
    Last edited by Bubba; 01-25-2012 at 11:05 AM.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I met that one guy who is famous for singing and stuff, I can't remember his name, but he's a black guy who sounds like a white guy when he sings.

I also went to school with the girl who plays the blonde girl in suite life on deck.

Other than that, I got nothing. I'm related to a few famous people including chuck norris if that counts

edit: felt I should clarify this. The relation is like 14th cousins or something, there is probably a member or 2 here closer related to him.

However I am a direct decendant of Robert E Lee
    Last edited by Hollycat; 01-25-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

We almost got high with the guy that voices John Redcorn from King of the Hill.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Had some drinks with the Subways after a gig of theirs. Cool people. Bassist is, unf, hot. Met ex-poet laureate Andrew Motion too; he said I had a cool name.

Also, a few months ago I had an affair with a football player, but I'm not allowed to talk about that now.