Thread: madagascar 3 and Ice Age 4 are coming in summer 2012

Default madagascar 3 and Ice Age 4 are coming in summer 2012

Are you big fan of these films? Me, after watching both trailers, i cant wait .

Blog Entries

I dig the Madgascar movies, but not overly crazy about any of the Ice Age movies. Except for Ray Romano hooking up with Queen Latifah, of course.

Blog Entries

I started to think about Ice Age and Madagascar being re-released after reading the title of this thread, and I was immediately disgusted when I realized that it wasn't a stupid dream that I had. I guess I wasn't allowing the advertisement to sink in.

Even though the OP is banned as can be, I'll contribute to this quality thread.

As far as Ice Age goes, I had no intentions of seeing it, even when it came out. Sequel after sequel snowballed down children's entertainment lane. I tried to watch it at a friends house and I couldn't do it. At some point in early high school, we were shown Ice Age 2 on the last day of Gym class, instead of participating in physical activity. I tried to watch it, but then Ray Ramano's voice emitted from a god damn wooly mammoth, and unless Brad Garret's voice was going to come bellowing out of that thing's ass, I was finished with that.

What about Madagascar? I hated the first Madagascar. It felt like I was watching a movie all about Runts, like if they were to be interpreted in CGI by some animal-loving jackass behind a computer monitor. I don't even remember anything significant about the movie other than how, for years, their advertising campaign sodomized Reel 2 Real's "I Like to Move It".

I had no plans on revisiting Madagascar after experiencing the underwhelming, inflated crap that it projected unto my senses. But after realizing that they created a CGI cartoon series about the worst Penguins ever created for comic relief, right from the movie, along with what will soon be two sequels, I was (and still am), to say the least, nauseous.

Am I excited for Madagascar 3 and Ice Age 4? No, I'm not excited. I feel like I've been asked to hold someone's newborn infant, and even though I've rejected the offer, it was shoved into my arms and then it pissed all over my favorite shirt.

Also, if I recall, the ads said something about being in 3D or something. Assuming I'm not imagining that, I can't imagine how horrible of an experience it would be. Having some cheap depth-perceptive 80's gimmick intertwined with this kind of experience must be like... like a whole entire Back to the Future movie where you experience Michael J. Fox getting into an hour-long car accident due to a time warp error.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty sure the actual ice age was shorter than this piss poor series (bar the first film, which was amazing).