Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DLC

Serah's also going to get at least three DLC outfits, and apparently one of them is a pink swimsuit...
    Is that your final answer?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So is the Coliseum entirely DLC? If so that's balls. I'm not paying a cent for DLC in this game out of principle.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    So is the Coliseum entirely DLC? If so that's balls. I'm not paying a cent for DLC in this game out of principle.
    same, i refuse to pay for DLC. DLC should only be for appearance costumes or frivolous stuff that doesn't actually effect gameplay content but looks neat, or better yet this stuff should be free downloadable content or come with the $60 game to begin with lol. greedy evil SE ripping us off. I could halfway understand if they used DLC feature on an original, but this is a sequel to a unsuccessful FF game. What were they thinking?
    Last edited by Darylisgogo; 02-02-2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: grammar
    For the record: Gogo is Gogo, and Daryl is Daryl, but crazy fan conspiracies are so much fun!

Lightning and Amoda trailer:
    http://youtu.be/YeXlFmgy1ck

I think they really screwed themselves over with the "new characters are monsters" model for DLC characters they're going for. I mean, if you introduce a past FF villain, or a character from another game, what role are you going to give them? Do you realize just how few characters and especially bosses in gaming center around buffing, debuffing, tanking, or healing? Sure, you can find a few, but the vast majority are going to be damage-based. The most memorable things about most characters are the big flashy damage animations, if nothing else. Most abilities and attacks focus around damage, and have for most of the series. So is every new character going to be stuck being either a Ravager or a Commando?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

So newer games now make weaker games with little content for the same price, and charge you extra for what should have been in the original box copy? That's a brilliant idea! They screw up the franchise and we pay them more to help rebuild it. Not interested.

DLC is getting out of hand. But if people stop buying it, companies will stop doing it.
    They won't. Seen it happen too much in mmos. They'll just start catering to the spenders and the core fans become more and more disconnected with the franchise. They replace the old fans that helped them create a name for themselves with newer folk with deeper pockets or just don't care to follow the new trend.

Edit: Yeah yeah double post. Merge them. I forget the weird rules around these har parts.

Wow just got my ass handed to me by amodar. Read through some faqs and people who have double my stats lost so it's not that bad. Guess I should get further down in the story before reattempting.

Btw, did anyone buy Noel's costume? Are there any status buffs or anything like that? Cause I'm not paying the same price for the coliseum just so he can have some ugly red suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darylisgogo View Post
    same, i refuse to pay for DLC. DLC should only be for appearance costumes or frivolous stuff that doesn't actually effect gameplay content but looks neat, or better yet this stuff should be free downloadable content or come with the $60 game to begin with lol. greedy evil SE ripping us off. I could halfway understand if they used DLC feature on an original, but this is a sequel to a unsuccessful FF game. What were they thinking?
    I agree completely that we are being ripped off. They released an incomplete game with an inconclusive ending and now expect us to pay for DLC for a POTENTIAL resolution, as they have not even confirmed whether the DLC will wrap up the story. I feel pretty jipped having paid full price for the game, especially since it was only 30 hours of gameplay for the main story. That is very short for a FF game. The game itself was great and fun to play, but without a satisfying ending and only 30 hours of core gameplay, it really feels like a jip for the price. I'm pretty angry about the precedent Square is trying to set here. If all games made you pay to see the ending I'd quit gaming altogether, or just play mindless plotless games like most of the Western market already does. >__>

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Well I would agree with you that we would be ripped off if the game was considered weak or bad, but I found myself loving the game and for that reason I bought the DLC (both Serah's new weapon and the Lightning+Amodar battle) I have to say I love having Light in my party, I have yet to beef her up with passives yet but I am fairly sure its safe to say she is going to be more powerful then (SPOILER)Twilight Odin, the alleged strongest recruit in the game she and Amodar have a max level of 13 and both come with a 6 slot ATB timer and Lights limit (as you may have guessed) is her One Man Army.

At the end of the day, companies do trout like this all the time, "spend this much to access new maps ect" which is exactly the same as "spend this much to access new monsters story and other cool stuff" the price for the DLC is 400ms points which is a tiny amount, and you get some cool stuff out of it... why should Square Enix be damned for wanting to make more money on a game that is already half decent? if (prays to god) a FFVII remake should ever happen, do you think SE would like the idea of putting DLC in that? I'm sure they will, and I'm also damned sure alot of fans would welcome something that would let them play the game a little longer, I'm not saying XIII-2 is as good as VII (heaven forfend) but in my opinion its still a great game that vastly makes up for the blunder that XIII was.

Oh and ftr, Light+Sunglasses = awesomeness.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Lightning + Amodar battles are fine. That's clearly an extra thing that wouldn't be a part of a complete game. My beef is more with DLC relating to weapons, accessories, extra scenarios that make the story make sense, etc.

I'm actually considering buying the Lightning DLC because it's only 3 bucks and it would be awesome to get her in my party.

A max level of 13? I haven't seen a single monster with a max level lower than 20. Are you sure?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pretty Sure:

^^

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nice stats for 13 though!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Nice stats for 13 though!
    Oh yes, thats even without the 35% Magic and Strength passives learned from Tonberry, once I have her fully buffed up I'll post here stats here in comparison with my (SPOILER)Twilight Odin.