Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DLC

Default DLC

This week's Famitsu had an interview with Toriyama:
    -XIII-2's development progressed more according to plan than XIII.
    -Toriyama is happy that the gameplay systems are being well received.
    -The game originally had a system where you could strengthen your accessories, but this made your character too strong, so they got rid of it.
    -As detailed earlier, the game will see series bosses for coliseum mode outside of the Omega download that kicked off DLC.
    -Lightning will appear in the game as a coliseum opponent download. Defeat her, and you can make her into a party member. Her role is blaster.
    -They hope to continue releasing download content through May.
    -The DLC will include things outside of the coliseum battles -- episodes, for instance.
    -Outside of download content, the game will have updates which will add new support functionality for those digging deep into the game.
    -Toriyama said that they'd like to use Sazh, his son Dajh and interdimensional traveling merchant Chocholina in some capacity, either through novels or DLC.

"Lightning's DLC goes beyond just the character data. Square Enix also plans on releasing secret story episodes for the character.

Outside of Lightning, FF fans can look forward to classic Final Fantasy series bosses for the coliseum battle mode.

These revelations come from what appears to be a general interview with reps from Square Enix's 1st Production Department (I'm not sure who the reps are, but XIII-2 interviews are usually with Motomu Toriyama and Yoshinori Kitase). The interview also reveals that Square Enix is hoping to expand the XIII-2 story outside of just DLC, with novels and so-forth. They hope to include Sazh and his son and the Chocolina character in DLC or novels. Noting that the Japanese market is changing greatly, they say that they'd like to consider a variety of things for future developments.

There's one bit about Final Fantasy X HD in the interview. The staff says that it will be a bit longer before we get screenshots. However, they hope to not take too long in releasing the game."

http://andriasang.com/comzqz/ffxiii2_lightning_dlc/

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    -The game originally had a system where you could strengthen your accessories, but this made your character too strong, so they got rid of it.
    *cough*bullsh--*caugh*

All that means is that the balanced it poorly and didn't think it was worth it to go back and fix it.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

one of my favorite things about 13 was that you didn't need to wait for anything to download. it was just DONE in the box it came in.

i'm not sure if i'll care about dlc anyway, because by the time i pick this up all the dlc should be free anyway, right? (ps years from now)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    -Lightning will appear in the game as a coliseum opponent download. Defeat her, and you can make her into a party member. Her role is blaster.
    Awesome. I wonder what Blaster does.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i think a blaster was just a ravager in the japanese version of the original ff13, but i could be misremembering

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ah, I think you're right. Well, it would be cool to have her in my party anyway.

Default Hello

I found this forum very informative and interesting. I like it.

Lightning as a coliseum battle? She'll be classified as a monster? AND you can put funny hats on her?

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by longway View Post
    I found this forum very informative and interesting. I like it.
    This should go to a Wonder Square's welcome thread.

Articles

I thought the best part of FFXIII was Lightening, I was really disappointed when I found out that in XIII-2 it will be Sera & Noel. It is the biggest drawback to the game that I have seen in the previews, Sera is not believable as a fighter.

For Light to be relegated to ravager and in a monster slot is still disappointing. Army of no-One now?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Okay this looks more and more like Final Fantsy X-2...
    Defeat Lightning in the coliseum to make her a party member? They did the same thing with Tidus, Auron, Seymour andShinra in X-2 International, as well as the whole idea of putting monsters in your party instead of having your party get more human members through storyline. Also, the whole "explore all the timelines" instead of following a set path throughout the story reminds me of X-2 as well. Besides, they're going to release "episodes"? The only thing missing now is being able to feed your monsters items and accessoires to strengthen them.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    he only thing missing now is being able to feed your monsters items and accessoires to strengthen them.
    Evidently someone hasn't played the demo.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

I finally made up my mind and pre-ordered...i feel dirty now

After reading up on the dlc content I'm ashamed of Square Enix ripping customers off like that, charging full price for the game then offering dlc micro-transactions to get content such as accessories that raise gill, item, and cp drop rate from the monsters!!! come on!!!! that stuff should have came with the game just like the previous final fantasy games. I'm gonna wait and play it myself once it gets here. If i don't feel i got my moneys worth WITHOUT having to pay for dlc then I'm gonna be thoroughly pissed!!

So far i am feeling deep regret.. I should have just waited another year to purchase this game lol. Can't change the past now i just hope it's worth it....
    For the record: Gogo is Gogo, and Daryl is Daryl, but crazy fan conspiracies are so much fun!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

DLC is getting out of hand. But if people stop buying it, companies will stop doing it.

Looks like the Coliseum DLC has been confirmed for North America. February 7th guys:
    http://kotaku.com/5880998/the-story-...asy-xiii+2-dlc