Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Give Kairi more screen time please!

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Well, apparently Nomura said there's going to be one more game between 3D and III, and considering the secret ending of BBS Final Mix, I guess we might see something along the lines of Kairi rescuing Aqua from the Realm of Darkness. And that would be friggin' awesome.
    I would really like to see Kairi in a more active role. I think this would be a great start to bringing her character on that path!
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Ultimecia can kidnap her while Sora and Riku are away, and then Tifa can save her and take Kairi under her wing.
    Sephiroth is the only known Final Fantasy villain to make a cameo in the KH series (3 times..?), that's probably not going to change unless Squeak begins to contemplate plans of merging the KH and Dissidia timelines... but we've already got TWEWY characters making cameos in 3D and though I've never played that game, I assume it has little to no connection to FF.
    If anything, shall we push for a more nostalgic villain to cameo in the series... like Garland, Xande, or Gilgamesh..? Screw Ultimecia... (SPOILER)and I'd like to.
    I think Kuja would fit right in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Ultimecia can kidnap her while Sora and Riku are away, and then Tifa can save her and take Kairi under her wing.
    Sephiroth is the only known Final Fantasy villain to make a cameo in the KH series (3 times..?), that's probably not going to change unless Squeak begins to contemplate plans of merging the KH and Dissidia timelines... but we've already got TWEWY characters making cameos in 3D and though I've never played that game, I assume it has little to no connection to FF.
    If anything, shall we push for a more nostalgic villain to cameo in the series... like Garland, Xande, or Gilgamesh..? Screw Ultimecia... (SPOILER)and I'd like to.
    I think Kuja would fit right in.
    I find it ironic that your name is Tifa's Boobs now, in the context of this thread...

Anyway, while I think it would be awesome for some of the FF villains to appear, my personal fav (Kefka) would probably have a hard time. Seriously, a destroyer of worlds would either have to face serious Badass Decay in order to not overshadow every other villain, or WOULD just overshadow Xehanort!

And I want my Kairi game. Now. For a console I own.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So Xehanort diffuses himself into 13 incarnations a la Voldemort and Sephiroth. But wait, we're not talking about Xehanort.

We could have a Kairi game that focuses on her incarnations. Young Kairi, KH2 Kairi, Namine (her Nobody), Xion (a doll resembling Kairi due to Roxas having Sora's memories), and Aqua (who KIC'd Kairi).

The thing about girls in KH is that just like in Naruto, they're outnumbered two-to-one. So while there may in fact be 13 versions of Sora (Sorganization 13) Valor, Wisdom, Master, Vanitas, AF Sora, Final, Young Sora, Digital Sora, Roxas, Ventus, Lion-Sora?, (hell, even Xion could work here too as Xigbar saw it as Ventus and Xemnas saw it as Sora), ... lol so obviously grasping at straws to reach this number... and RikuYoung Riku, Dark Riku, Riku Ansem, Riku Replica, Axel, Terra, Data-Riku, etc. to equal Xehanort's, there aren't as many versions of Kairi.. unless we decided Larxene was somehow a version too. lol
    Why Axel? He's got nothing to do with Riku 3D SPOILERS!!!other than having a Keyblade.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know somebody somewhere was under the impression Riku had turned into Axel the same way he turned into Ansem. Besides, grasping at straws, ya?

So Xehanort is an anagram for "no heart" and "another" ... and "Rothean", presumably meaning "reddish", but whatever, Xehanort also with the "X" intact could mean "from the northern boundary". The way the Japanese pronounce Xeha as Sheha is probably not just a coincidence or cultural goof. Sheha means "Promise; Seventh; From the boundary" and Nort, of course, means "North." I love a good stretch.
    That person probobally missed out on some of the side games and/or Nomura interviews, therefore she was under the assumption that 3D SpoilersRiku became Axel, based on the trailer, but if you pay attention, you will notice is that the only thing that happened in the trailer is that Lea is back.

And Mercen, we're hijacking the thread again. We were supposed to talk about Kairi here! We need a thread for our crazy discussions. I'm on it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Riku = Ultimecia
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The Ultima Keybow: a weapon of my own design. I dissected the KH2 Ultima.
    It resembles a mustache.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Keybow? Really?

I see that guy Zid also makes shields and staves. Those I understand. It's be cool if the Keyblade could take on those forms too like in the dream with the dream sword/shield/staff. Makes sense right

Quote Originally Posted by Baloki's butter-soaked pubes View Post
    Why would kairi learn hand to hand
    So that she can defend herself without a Keyblade. And who better to teach her than Tifa?
    Is that your final answer?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You're a beautiful man, SuperMillionaire.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Baloki's butter-soaked pubes View Post
    Why would kairi learn hand to hand
    So that she can defend herself without a Keyblade. And who better to teach her than Tifa?
    How about Aqua? Her magic rocks.

Well, if you don't play CoM or Days between 1&2, you're kind of left scratching your head... playing CoM answers why Sora is in a flowery sleep chamber and playing Days explains Roxas... but the timeline is a little finicky... if Sora and Riku are doing some kind of Dream Dance, maybe Kairi really can have a short stint in a game that takes place between the time that Sora and Riku entered the final battle against Xemnas and the moment the Door to Light returned them to Destiny Islands. Sure, it won't be a game in which Kairi's quest saves the duo, but, c'mon, SE is good at nothing if not pulling an acceptable (if not entirely coherent) storyline out of their butts.
    So... Re:coded explains Mickey's letter at the end of KHII. Not so great.

Thanks for the compliment, Del Murder. You're quite the man yourself.

And that Keybow thing looks prety cool. Mercen-X.

Oh, and Kairi can learn magic from Aqua and hand-to-hand skills from Tifa.
    Is that your final answer?

Thank you.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.