Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, what's your favorite Sonic game?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sonic & Knuckles because Knuckles is in my top five favorite video game characters list that I just made up. I also own and love Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sonic 3 is my favorite of the Sonic games. And like Sephex, Sonic 2 would be a very close second favorite. Really, the two games are so close, either game could be my favorite, but the edge goes to Sonic 3.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

Sonic 3 and Knuckles, if we're going to count that as one title. If not, then I'd say Sonic and Knuckles. It was my preferred half of the game.

If we're going by soundtracks alone, though...

Edit: Well that got smurfed! http://youtu.be/x9FcTTBh-oI

Blog Entries

Sonic 3 and knuckles! Sonic 2 is only behind because..... lightning shields.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I used to own Sonic CD on the PC, so my bias is probably for that one. Besides, I felt like there was a lot more to the game when you have to go into the past and find the robot generators, for me it certainly added replay value. Plus, it's the only game in the series where I completely rock at the special stages .

Otherwise, I got to go with Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Even when I was a Nintendo Boy, I would occasionally read the Archie comics at a local pharmacy. They made Knuckles friggin' awesome. To this day, the Echidna is my favorite character, and I enjoy playing through his story in S3&K.
    Returners Represent!

Finally someone said Sonic CD. Which is widely regarded as the best Sonic game by most Sonic fans who've managed to play it. Though I don't know that it aged as well as 2 and 3 did. But it definitely had a lot more memorable substance to it. The past and future mechanic was awesome, where there was consequences and rewards for traveling back and forth. And it was the game that introduced Metal Sonic~ And the animated music video intro was pretty neat. Really fun playing it on emulator on my PSP. But I played it when it was first released and was thoroughly enthralled

3 & Knuckles, which is ironic considering how much I hate the DLC-ridden moneyfaggery that plagues the gaming market today and 3 & Knuckles essentially IS that due to time issues the developers were having.

I don't get the people who complain about the levels being too long. OH NO NOT MORE CONTENT.

I'm also extremely fond of Sonic 1 & 2, both their Mega Drive and Master System versions. Everything after those for me ranged between meh and I want to murder the guys who killed off the original Sonic Team and took their name.

I finally got to play Sonic CD recently, and I estimate I got about two thirds of the way through the game before I had to go home (I was playing a friend's copy) and had decided it was decent but nothing special.

I'd probably end up choosing Sonic&Knuckles although Sonic 2 comes really close. Sonic 2 was the first Mega Drive game I ever played, after all, and I enjoyed its breezy, fun atmosphere and nice level design and memorable music quite a bit.

S&K, however, takes everything a bit further with more polished gameplay and graphics, each level having its own distinctive gimmick (yes, I dreaded those ghosts in the pyramid level, brr!), two different stories which affect the levels themselves and offer a cohesive narrative arc, and the music which is at least on par (perhaps even surpassing) S2's OST. And we finally get to explore Death Egg in detail! The final and penultimate bosses were quite satisfying in both games, too.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki