Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Ending (very minor spoilers)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hey, that's helpful. Thanks!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Hey, that's helpful. Thanks!
    No prob! Looking at the article I read that info in, it was posted on February 6, the same day I found it and posted the info here. Must be why nobody else had noticed it. It was pretty recent news, I guess!

I just beat the game today. And I would like to say, the "To be Continued" doesn't really kill the story for the player. It does end on a bit of a cliffhanger, but I think that they did it right. I would definitely say Final Fantasy is back. Nearly as good as Final Fantasy IX was.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Finally finished the main story and upon seeing those three words, thought "WHAT!?" I was pretty miffed. I really, really enjoyed the game, which makes that statement even worse.

I'll keep playing and see what happens with the 160 artefact completion thing (not to mention what it says once the endless credits finish ) - oh, and what the official book says, as in the walkthrough & tour guide it doesn't say anything of the 'Continued' bit.

EDIT: Given that it's impossible to get all 160 artefacts before finishing your first finish of the storyline (some only appear after the final battle), I guess it's a guaranteed to be continued... so hopefully that's not to say that the 'secret' ending is still leaving you on a cliffhanger. Give me another day and hopefully I'll know for sure!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

You'll like the secret ending BoB! Trust me.

BoB, don't waste your time. Watch the alternate endings on Youtube. Unless you really want to for gameplay's sake, don't waste your time playing just to get the endings. They are all pure crap. I watched them online, and I'm glad I did because if I had played the game to get those I'd have been pretty ticked. None of them are even as good as the horrendous "canonical" ending. I feel completely jipped. Looks like we're gonna have to wait for DLC for a real ending, and shell out more cash. Ugg.

Also, the secret ending? Ugg, nothing secret about it. It doesn't reveal anything the original ending didn't. ~shudders~

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by ShineTheLion View Post
    BoB, don't waste your time. Watch the alternate endings on Youtube. Unless you really want to for gameplay's sake, don't waste your time playing just to get the endings. They are all pure crap. I watched them online, and I'm glad I did because if I had played the game to get those I'd have been pretty ticked. None of them are even as good as the horrendous "canonical" ending. I feel completely jipped. Looks like we're gonna have to wait for DLC for a real ending, and shell out more cash. Ugg.

Also, the secret ending? Ugg, nothing secret about it. It doesn't reveal anything the original ending didn't. ~shudders~
    Just because one person doesn't enjoy it doesn't mean everybody else won't either. I could say the same for half the movies in the world but a lot of people love them, so power to them for that, I guess. I enjoy the gameplay of the game and am a bit of a completionist when there are trophies around, so I'll almost certainly be seeing every ending without 'cheating' by going on YouTube. Part and parcel of being enthusiastic about EoFF's frontsite, for me, is being enthusiastic about Final Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

Just because one person doesn't enjoy it doesn't mean everybody else won't either. I could say the same for half the movies in the world but a lot of people love them, so power to them for that, I guess. I enjoy the gameplay of the game and am a bit of a completionist when there are trophies around, so I'll almost certainly be seeing every ending without 'cheating' by going on YouTube. Part and parcel of being enthusiastic about EoFF's frontsite, for me, is being enthusiastic about Final Fantasy.
    As a strong supporter of the series, and of FF13, one of the games that has caught the most criticism in the series, I feel compelled to inform others of the potential disappointment in this game. I think many will agree that the ending(s) don't live up to the FF standards, which is why I give the advice that the only reason most people should go after them is if they are "a completionist" as you put it. You might even enjoy them more if you have to work for them, but I can say I'd have personally felt duped if I had played for them because I am NOT by any means a completionist and am only interested primarily in completing the main plot of most video games. I would have done a lot of needless grinding just to see them and felt royally cheated out of my reward, as I don't find them very rewarding. Everyone is welcome to their own opinions of the endings. That goes without saying.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Getting all the paradox endings is just part of the gameplay for me. While I say 'completionist', after viewing some of them I can't help but feel they belong as part of the 'main story', and the fights you go through to get to them are decent enough.

Also, anyone who has not got to the paradox ending you get through the Sunleth Waterscape is missing out in such a big way. That is the most epic ending I have ever witnessed.

EDIT: You would not have done a lot of needless grinding just to see the alternative endings. I have done no grinding whatsoever - I went straight to them, running away from every enemy that spawned randomly, and went straight to the bosses and beat them and got the ending. If people have told you that you need to grind in this game, I would personally say they are mistaken - I have grinded all of once and that was because I wanted to make a 'perfect' racing chocobo and required some 46 potent essences (took me something like an hour). Far less grinding than I've done in other RPGs, that's for sure, including my all-time favourite FFVII (which is always a grindfest for me, because I love to max out materia ). I'm just chocobo racing now to get some more fragments, I think I only need 10-20 more now and I'll be done for the final ending.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineTheLion View Post

Well said!
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Just got through the ending.

This is the biggest pile of liquid poop I have ever seen in my 20 years of gaming.

I seriously don't think there is a single person left at SE who is actually good at writing stories anymore. Not one single person.

I'm actually not sure if I'll ever take my chances on a SE game again without reputable sources first telling me the game actually makes sense. I'm at the point where I really hope they go bankerupt from all this smurfing trout, even if it means I won't get to see the last SE game I actually have a tiny bit of confidence in. Versus 13.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I wasn't so thrilled about the ending either. No matter if DLC or a possible (even though SE is denying it) FFXIII-3 is forth coming, it should have been more conclusive. If they want to make more games and expand the universe, that's fine. At least have an ending that is concrete.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The more I think about the 'initial ending', it is frustrating, but on reflection two of the best games I have played in my life both ended similarly. If anyone has played Dreamfall or The Longest Journey, they will know what I am talking about. And the kicker is that while XIII-2 will possibly get a sequel in a year or two (at this rate), Dreamfall was out in 2007 and the sequel, Dreamfall: Chapters, has no release date and has been 'on hold' for years. Although the man responsible for the series keeps stating that it will happen. But yeah, he's been saying that since whenever. And I still love the story so much that I keep checking to see if any news has come about... because the game was that good.

The ending was poor, but much like Dreamfall and The Longest Journey, the ending does not a game make. In fact, endings of FF games in general, VIII excepted, have never really felt satisfying enough for me.

BoB, you didn't feel IX's ending was worth it? I've seen it like 10 times and I STILL cry.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I haven't seen that one yet. I'm playing IX after I finish VI...