Thread: Hello from a Mystic Quest speedrunner

Default Hello from a Mystic Quest speedrunner

Hello everyone, I've been into speedrunning for a couple years now and have worked on a pretty wide range of games, mostly retro stuff (e.g. Castlevania series). Most relevant to this forum is Mystic Quest!

I play through the entire game in one sitting without saving, and my best time so far is 3 hours and 13 minutes. It is possible to go well under 3 hours if you get lucky on Pazuzu's Tower, but I've never had that happen in a full run. =/

I use some neat tricks in the run - skipping various items most people can't live without, fighting the Lava Dome boss with no fire protection on either character, using multiple cures on the Dark King, etc.

If this interests you, I stream 2-4 nights a week at http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc . Been doing a lot of testing since I want to use XSplit and get good quality video capture at the same time, and I think I finally have a solution. I'll find out tomorrow, and FFMQ makes quite a good stress test!

Hi Josh! Welcome to the forum! I'll have to take a look at your speed runs some time. Hope you enjoy it here, and have a cookie on me!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Well, that's certainly a more unusal game to be speedrunning. Kudos for taking the initiative.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?