Thread: AAAH! What's with the plot holes!?

Default AAAH! What's with the plot holes!?

Oh, good grief! Hm, well, I got my pre-ordered game a day earlier than official release. Might be tactless to rant about it already - those who'd prefer not reading this can press Back now with no regret, as there's nothing important to read here.

So, yeah - RANT-MODE ENGAGED.
    It all starts promising, plenty of WTF-moments that you'd expect from a time traveling stint, but... I'm not three hours into the game, and I've already spotted two mistakes no editor worth his salt would let through:

1. Very early in New Bodhum, Maqui walks up to a plant, and remarks '... Must be a pocket of unstable time.' ... Come again, white boy? Considering the fuss they make later over Noel, this is just amateurish...

2. Considering what Noel reveals about his background (or maybe I simply hit the correct Live Trigger - shan't spoil THAT), WHY would he know how to deal with interrogators, as he implies in Bresha Ruins?? OK, so we know bugger all about his upbringing, but I find it a bit improbable that there'd be a police force where he's from.

to that... Hope the rest is more solidly written. The rest is all good so far, at least, though the graphics (SPLENDOUR TO DA MAX!) brings my PS3 to its knees and then some occasionally.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I never could have predicted there would be a bunch of plot holes in a sequel to a game with plot holes, only with time travel added.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

... Good point. But you'd think they at least had the experience by now, talent notwithstanding, to not screw up THAT badly...
    Thankfully, the rest is indeed more solid. They have actually dodged some obvious shortcuts, too. And Academia reminds me of Xenosaga (as well as a small part of Xenogears) - I like that in a game. Here's hoping for the most plausible/not-absurdly-smurfed-up humanoid main antagonist in FF history...
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Heh, good one!
    Oh, got a little post-game quote to take out of its context:
    We've got to stop this before someone gets hurt!
    I loled.

Okay, maybe it's funnier IN context - there was some really dodgy dialog just before, 'let's not get anyone hurt'... Finest unintentionally-hilarious moment in FF history, I'd say!