Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Who got it?

I got it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Even though I entered in the contest, I cracked and got it. I was going to redbox it until the slim possibility that I would win the contest, or beat it quickly and wait until it was on sale.

So far I am enjoying it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm also enjoying it. The story is just...not good, but playing the game is fun.

Me. I am only 2 hrs in but I concerned about the story... I am going to wait to see if the story picks up before I pass judgement. The premise is... Yeah, hopefully it comes together soon.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I am so jelly you guys!
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'm an hour or so in. The story, well let's just say it is meeting my expectations and has not in any way exceeded them. Plenty of fun though, and the soundtrack is great.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The soundtrack is pretty cheesy, but the tunes are catchy. Just turn the volume down if you ever get on one of the emo chocobos.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I got it today, play for a good five hours. I'm loving the hell out of it!

I actually see no problem with the story so far, but at the same time, nothing has made me think of it as being any better than a mid-tier anime storyline so far. I just finished playing Lost Odyssey yesterday, and so far FFXIII-2's story has engrossed me far, far more than that game's did, so eh. I had really low expectations for the story going in though, and it's no where near as bad as people told me it was.

Same thing with the soundtrack, the very first preview articles I read said the soundtrack was HORRIBLE! but I've actually heard at least four pieces I really like. I find the boss music choice...questionable though. I certainly like the soundtrack better than I liked X-2's so far, as I can only think of one piece I liked from that soundtrack.

So yeah, I went in with lower than low expectations for the story and the soundtrack, and both have pleasantly surprised me by not being half as bad as people made them out to be.

Thanks again naysayers!
    I like Kung-Fu.

The soundtrack is not bad. A few cheesy tracks do not completely negate the several amazing tracks in the OST.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
    Are you trying to make me not get it? D:

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Supposedly the European release is on Friday, but I got the game today, along with some DLC for (SPOILER)Omega Weapon boss battle, alternate costumes and Murasama blade for Noel. So far, I'm enjoying the game, though to be frank, my expectations are really low. The first 1.5 hours probably had more NPC interaction than FFXIII in total, which was a welcome change for me. The characters seem quite sympathetic, and the soundtrack is pretty good. It's too early to say much about the storyline and battle system yet.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I am only going to say until the game is released in my country:

I HATE YOU GUYS FOR GETTING THIS GAME BEFORE ME!!!!11!1!1

Now I have gotten that out of my system I HOPE YOU GET A POWERCUT THAT STOPS YOU PLAYING IT TILL THE EU RELEASE ON FRIDAY!!! *cough* yes, I think I am done here

I got it, but I've been working. I'm off tomorrow so I will start it then.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9