Thread: predictions for final fantasy 13-2

Default predictions for final fantasy 13-2

im curious to hear peoples theory's about what they think will happen in final fantasy XIII-2

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I just reached (Minor spoiler)Historia Crux in the game, which means I've played the game for about 2-3 hours. I predict we'll see some more characters from the original game, visit some areas from Cocoon, and at one point, there's a Gold Saucer-esque location where you can play Chocobo races and other minigames. We'll probably visit Noel's timeline as well, and see more of Noel and Caius' background stories. There will probably be some minor hints about Serah x Noel, but I seriously doubt SE would break Serah x Snow. It's likely that Serah and Noel will just remain close friends and allies to each other.

As for the ending, I predict Cocoon falls, Fang and Vanille die, Lightning is killed by Caius, Serah becomes the next (FFVII spoiler)Aeris and dies, and there's a tear-jerking scene with some sad music ("A new world"? Can't see that one as sad music, though) playing in the background. Then Mog transforms into Xehanort's Heartless (from KH), implying he was the villain all along! He yells "Darkness!", and darkness spreads everywhere, and the world is destroyed. The screen fades to black, and then we see the intro from FFXIII, except it's Cloud on the train, not Lightning. He says, "I am Cloud, Ex-SOLDIER, First Class", and the game ends with a message, "To be continued, in Final Fantasy VII..."

... Just kidding. Here is my prediction about the ending. I think Serah and Noel fight Caius as the last boss, and Lightning joins as a guest character and helps them defeat Caius. The time gates are closing for good. The ending has Charice's "A new world" playing in the background, and Serah and Noel have an emotional farewell scene. Then Noel and Yeul, who I think are from the same timeline, return to their time era together, except this time, it's not a ruined world, but a world they saved by changing history (similar to Chrono Trigger and (CT spoiler)2300 AD). See, "A new world" makes sense there. :upsidedow Serah and Lightning are finally reunited, and we also see Snow, Hope (from the future), Sazh, Dajh, Team NORA and some others. Lightning gives her blessings to Snow and Serah again, and we finally get an answer to the question, "Is Lightning really happy?" After all that time in Valhalla, she realized Serah, Snow and the others are her family, and she's happy if she can just be with them. Lightning and Hope (from the future) look at each other for a while (*hint hint*). Finally, similar to FFXIII, Lightning says to Serah and Snow, "Congrats!" and the game ends.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi