View Poll Results: Which character do you play more?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Serah

26 68.42%
  • Noel

12 31.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serah or Noel?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

You can have an excuse for being annoying, but you're still annoying. That's how I saw Hope in the first game. I don't mind him in the second game.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Serah all the way, except when you had to use Noel - I don't like controlling COMs, RAV/SAB is better for my gameplay style
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm very diplomatic and gave both characters turns to take the lead. I actually like both characters, but I have to agree, Noel is just so much more engaged in the story, and you actually feel for Noel more, simply because he keeps his issues to himself sometime. Poor Noel is almost a guidance councillor to Serah

Serah ! She's kind, gorgeous, beautiful, supportive and really sweet.

I stay where Mog stays.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I haven't played through much of the game but I find Noel annoying so I just use Serah.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I'm very diplomatic and gave both characters turns to take the lead. I actually like both characters, but I have to agree, Noel is just so much more engaged in the story, and you actually feel for Noel more, simply because he keeps his issues to himself sometime. Poor Noel is almost a guidance councillor to Serah
    And it is weird because he is both taller and wiser than her and comes across as a more mature character. However he is younger than Serah!! Oh yeah Noel all the way despite the game being more bias toward Serah. Probably because I am a guy that I got used Noel and can relate more to him......in a small way.

I felt like this could have easily been its own Final Fantasy game. Starring Noel. Cause, to be honestly, I hate Serah. She is SO annoying. Noel is, well, smurfing awesome.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Surprisingly, Serah won the poll. I agree that Noel was a great character and should have gotten his own game.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I played Serah. To be honest both of them aren't very deep characters but I felt more connection to Serah's plight than I did Noel's - although he did grow on me toward the end of the game. A large part of it was because I also enjoying play RAV more than COM too.

Also I always tend to gravitate toward female characters if I have the choice. It's more immersive for me that way.

(which on a side note is probably why FFVIII aggravated me so much because I wanted to punch Squall in the face)

Noticed it's generally the guys who found Serah annoying and thought Noel was a badass. Generally I thought they were both equal parts annoying as each other.

Seems to come down to gender stereotypes a lot I guess - with Noel wanting to be the knight in white armor and protect Serah from harm as sort of reconciliation for what he's been through. Being the big manly figure, seems to be a position a lot of guys I know want to be in when it comes to relationships. Likewise a lot of girls want that big manly figure to fall back on. Heck it's encoded so much through all the camera angles in the game (how often is the camera looking "up" at Noel compared to "down" at Serah. FFX was particularly notable for this with Tidus and Yuna too).

And now I'm rambling so... Serah

Oh, and the whole sword that turns into a bow thing.... AWWWWWWWESOOOOOOOME

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I've only played Serah so far out of habit; I suppose I should try Noel and see if he plays any differently and, if so, if he's any better.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think Noel is probably the better character, but I'm a traditionalist when it comes to FF games and always play as the default