Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XIII-2's Final Boss (Spoilers Ahead!)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, the Bahamut fight should have been followed by a one on one battle with Noel and Caius. Not as hard as the final boss, but still difficult enough that you get some satisfaction over what happened next.

SE really likes making you fight the main antagonist and then proceed to some unrelated final final encounter with a big giant meanie (FFIV and IX come to mind).

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I liked FFX's final battle best. It was an ugly diety you didn't really know much about, but not a random ugly diety that came out of nowhere.

So am I the only one who figured Jet Bahamut was Caius? Didn't feel like a random final boss to me, Jet Bahamut felt and looked very much like another incarnation of Caius, and it's attacks reflected Caius too. Also Caius transforms into Chaos Bahamut, rather than summoning it, so it seems logical that he transforms into Jet Bahamut too.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well, yeah, Jet was the darkness within him or whatever crap. Just like Zeromus was really just Zemus's hatred.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    So am I the only one who figured Jet Bahamut was Caius? Didn't feel like a random final boss to me, Jet Bahamut felt and looked very much like another incarnation of Caius, and it's attacks reflected Caius too. Also Caius transforms into Chaos Bahamut, rather than summoning it, so it seems logical that he transforms into Jet Bahamut too.
    Oh, yeah, you see him transform into Bahamut on regular occasions and I know it's technically Caius, but for me it's sort of similar to the old summons that would replace your characters within a battle when you called upon them. I know it's not the same, but when it comes to really feeling like you're facing the big bad guy, this doesn't cut it for me. If Jet Bahamut was turned to dust, Caius would just 'pop' back with no worse than a need to catch his breath, and that for me lacks the impact of, for example, facing Sephiroth in his final forms (in which he is clearly, visibly, Sephiroth).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!