Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXI History Edition Game Thread Day 1: 21st Century Beatdown

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mao Zedong View Post
    Thank you ghandi, thats real helpful.

Mansa musa has not posted either, I hope they know the game is going on.
    Didn't.

Craps.

Gonna die early? Hope not.

Okay so. Bascically we have two dead, one a Governor/townie and very little to go on. At this point I think Mao is probably one of those roles meant to have attention brought to themselves (the pill cabinent? wtf) and I think the Mafia probably has one voice going to divert attention and the remaining members being quiet.

Show yourselves, people like me!

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mansa Musa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mao Zedong View Post
    Thank you ghandi, thats real helpful.

Mansa musa has not posted either, I hope they know the game is going on.
    Didn't.

Craps.

Gonna die early? Hope not.

Okay so. Bascically we have two dead, one a Governor/townie and very little to go on. At this point I think Mao is probably one of those roles meant to have attention brought to themselves (the pill cabinent? wtf) and I think the Mafia probably has one voice going to divert attention and the remaining members being quiet.

Show yourselves, people like me!
    thats what usually happens. glad you could join us, now make sure you dont give me a reason to vote you again k?

##unvote: mansa
    ##vote: alex

your turn big boy.

There are two schools of thought regarding inactives. One states they are okay to lynch because they add nothing to play and their players suck for not posting, and the other says voting for inactives is a move for scum because less motivation is required to explain why one votes for an inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Shaka Zulu View Post
    My worst and vaguest ideas so far include either the mafia were active yesterday or they were not, and someone who voted for Cleopatra or Elizabeth on Day 1 is scum...probably. My best idea is that Hannibal and Simon Bolivar are scum mates, but requires a lot of explaining.
    please explain.

Nice to see your face, Mansa Musa. Perhaps this is a sign that more people would show up soon. It would be disappointing if a majority of us were inactive.

inactives are also often mafia who just dont want to be spotted. Id rather lynch the guy who has a 50/50 useless or mafia role than lynch someone who is active and might help us win. it makes more sense to take out an inactive if you cant decide who to vote for out of the active players.

In theory, Hannibal jumps on an innocent townie lynch while Simon, his friend, jumps on another innocent townie lynch. Thus two townies are either forced to kill or be killed.

Hmmm, Neither Hannibal or Simon said anything that was particularly scummy that I could see, although they didn't really add much to the conversation either, which is a way to stay visible without drawing undue attention.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Genghis Khan View Post
    Hmmm, Neither Hannibal or Simon said anything that was particularly scummy that I could see, although they didn't really add much to the conversation either, which is a way to stay visible without drawing undue attention.
    yep.

I do agree with the idea that early in the game it's best to try and weed out inactives. It's worked in the past. Maybe sometimes it's backfired but I can't remember a time.

Who else sucks besides me?

I think it's just alexander the great.

I've searched through the thread and didn't see a single post by him. That could be much or nothing, really.

Did I say even my best idea was crap? Because I meant to say so because it is/was.

The biggest problem is the timing. Everyone thought we had forever, but it did not turn out that way.

So.... quiet.

It's times like this I wish someone would pull a demondude