Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 71112131415161718192021222327 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXI History Edition Game Thread Day 1: 21st Century Beatdown

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Catherine the Great View Post
    Shaka was acting extremely weirdly yesterday at the end of the lynch, changing votes rapidly and then casting the lynching vote on a townie. I appreciate I also voted for that townie, although as I had two votes I was backed into a corner and as I know 100% I'm not scum, and didn't know about Hannibal, rather him than me. I don't know what on earth Shaka was playing at though.

##vote: Shaka

If you can justify your voting actions yesterday then I'd be happy to reconsider my vote but right now I think you're our best lead.

Someone else on my radar is Gandhi. It was a bit strange that he came in and voted for me with practically the same reason Tokugawa did just moments later. A question for Gandhi, how is questioning someone and pressing them suspicious? Or rather how are we meant to find out more about people's motivations without interacting with them? This isn't meant to be flippant or sarcastic. I'm just genuinely interested in what your motivation for that vote was, it struck me as slightly odd and I'd like clarification.
    I am glad you can say I am a bad guy for not knowing it was a townie I was lynching, and also certify you yourself are 100% not scum. I wonder how that works?

My only excuse is that it was late, the day was supposed to end, and I am not going to sit there and stall if other people have also expressed a desire to lynch Hannibal. I was going to do it originally, and, as stated earlier, there was still no evidence to work on.

The night kill is a strange result when there should have been two. Is there not a "twilight" time between day and night where Hannibal's kill should have occurred?

Clearly he either tried to kill the doctor or the doctor's ward, and his kill or the mafia's was blocked. A far-fetched theory is that someone is bulletproof and made us a happier town for it.

Oh yeah, a bulletproof townie could also explain why there was only a single kill last night. I don't know if we'll ever figure this out unless someone roleclaims bulletproof, then we would know for sure.

Who is suspicious today? Shaka Zulu, Gandhi, Mao, and Catherine, if we are all being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Tokugawa Ieyasu View Post
    Wait, isn't Hannibal supposed to get a kill as well? Vengeful townies take someone with them when they die don't they?

What's going on?
    Funny, the same thing crossed my mind, the only thing I can think of is if some Mafia Ninja killed Hannibal, as to whom ever it was that was questioning my innocence, I stated to the host that I would not be a full time player as I am busy alot with work, I came home yesterday and felt really ill so went straight to bed followed by work the next day.

As to the whole Cop/no cop thing, I doubt there would be the role of Doctor without being the roll of Cop so I think there would be a Cop among us. As for my suspicions I think Cat is acting pretty scummy, Hard questioning of Mao, it could be a Mafia ploy, having a Mafia sacrifice themselves by acting stupid would have vindicated Cat by her in most peoples eyes, if you remember last Mafia there were some Mafians that were acting a little silly (which led to their early demise), secondly you will notice that Cat has pointed fingers at alot of people, this is also a mafia tactic, its always been used in every game.

You will also notice how Ghandi voted for Cat yesterday and today Cat find's him suspicious, acting very scummy indeed, now, some people might say I'm acting scum like for casting my vote now then possibly not showing up again for the rest of the game, but if I get lynched then w/e that would prove my innocence and therefor have the finger firmly pointed at Cat, who I think could very well be scum.

My own suspect activity has been noted, but these other players have also made some interesting choices yesterday. Notably, Mao and Catherine both jumped on my vote for Hannibal for what reasons?

Gandhi's noting of the time is what originally made me realize I needed to withdraw my first Hannibal vote, lest we had hurried along the bandwagon Mao and Catherine made, but his own prodding is what also prompted me to say smurf it and be the hammer. That skinny Indian is going to be the albatross around my neck.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Catherine the Great View Post
    I didn't even see your vote, Shaka.

I looked at the votes now, I didn't put down the unvotes though.

Catherine the great (2) - Toku, Ghandi
    Hannibal (2) Mao, Catherine
    Mao (1) - Hannibal
    Queen Elizabeth (1) - Joan
    Alex (1) - Shaka

So i'm tied right now to be lynched. EEk
    This was the vote count just after I withdrew my vote and put it on Alexander. Can we agree at least one mafia was a voter for either Catherine or Hannibal, including me?

Looking at that, I must say it would be dumb for scum to mob up together. If Mao truly is scum, Catherine is clean, and vice versa.

The same goes for Tokugawa and Gandhi. I have not even considered Tokugawa yet, but maybe he bears looking at as well.

I do find it odd that Mao is being quiet today. Perhaps he has wisen up as to not make a fool of himself again like yesterday?

Again, if I am scum, that probably vindicates both Mao and Catherine, but says nothing of Tokugawa's and Gandhi's possible guilt. The best tactic scum have is to scatter their votes, and the only other person voting was Joan, who has so far stayed well out of my radar.

People are not Combustible Engines, so maybe he needed some time to cool off. I think I have shared all of my mental framework I currently have, but I would gladly weigh in on other's ideas.